Hampton Inn vs Hyatt Place Seattle

lightsleeper

Have a choice between staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites, Downtown and the Hyatt Place Downtown, both Seattle. Both have free breakfast.

Appreciate comments on the two...planning for NEXT late July for a few days precruise and want to see the sights.

thank you in advance for your advise

• 3 months later...
Have a choice between staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites, Downtown and the Hyatt Place Downtown, both Seattle. Both have free breakfast.

Appreciate comments on the two...planning for NEXT late July for a few days precruise and want to see the sights.

thank you in advance for your advise

I am also looking at staying either at Hampton Inn & Suites or the Hyatt Place Downtown in Seattle for one night before taking the Amtrak train to Vancouver next September and would appreciate advice.

Thanks in advance,

Mary

I am also looking at staying either at Hampton Inn & Suites or the Hyatt Place Downtown in Seattle for one night before taking the Amtrak train to Vancouver next September and would appreciate advice.

Thanks in advance,

Mary

Both are good options.

The Hampton is closer to the Seattle Center so a little further to the train station but a cab will only cost about $15. From the Hampton you can walk a few blocks to the Space Needle, and the monorail will have you downtown in less than 5 minutes. It will drop you at Westlake which is around 5th/Pike. From there you can walk 3 blocks to Pike Place Market.

The Hyatt is on 8th or 9th. So much closer to downtown and the Market but still 7/8 blocks. All uphill to get back to the hotel tho. A cab to the train will be about $10.

Zephyr17 and Mapleleaves,

Thank you for the information and your quick replies. We will probably book Hyatt Place, which is less expensive and includes breakfast and a free shuttle to places within a mile radius of the hotel, which is on 6th Avenue near the Space Needle. A $10-$15 taxi ride to the train station sounds reasonable.

Thanks,

Mary

ooops, my bad. I was thinking of the Hyatt at Olive and 8th.

As Zephyr indicated, Hyatt PLACE is nearer the Seattle Center. Sorry about that. But with a lower price and free shuttle, you made a good choice.

Seattle is a sprawling city, but the downtown area is pretty compact. Hills can be an issue for people but heck, a cab anywhere downtown will only be $10 or so if you get tired of walking.

• 9 months later...

We recently chose the Hyatt Place for both our pre-cruise and post-cruise stay. We chose mostly due to price, free breakfast, access to Downtown, free shuttle to cruiseport, and free wifi. Does anyone have any feedback from those who have stayed at this property?

We recently chose the Hyatt Place for both our pre-cruise and post-cruise stay. We chose mostly due to price, free breakfast, access to Downtown, free shuttle to cruiseport, and free wifi. Does anyone have any feedback from those who have stayed at this property?

do they have parking while on a cruise or did you fly in?

there is a list of park and stay hotel on trip advisor. look on top right under Cruises from SEattle. I think the website you may want is

seattlesouthside.com

as most park and stay hotels will be closer to the Seatac airport.

do they have parking while on a cruise or did you fly in?

We are flying in. I believe it is $22 to park per night plus tax. I don't know how much it is to park at the cruiseport. I believe Dan is correct that most hotels that include parking will be closer to the airport.