Just got off the Glory 8 day Eastern!

myateam

Crazy enough it said we had over 3500 on board but I don't believe that. There was always chairs available in various locations on the decks. Food will be up to your standards but I see the difference with the american menu- that I don't like! YOU MUST TRY THE WINGS FOR 5 bucks ROOM SERVICE ONLY!!! The best hidden treat!! I have the fun times and the room service menu if needed but I did see a post showing fun times for the eastern each boat may vary...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2323311&highlight=glory

If you need fun times for the glory let me know I have each day except for amber cove lost that.

Is the safe accessed by swiping or a code? We leave Saturday!! How was the staggered embarkation? And one more question, what time were u able to start getting tender tickets for Half Moon Cay and was the line long? Thanks!!

Hi mommiemudd, the safe is accessed by using any card with a strip I used my BP gas card and hid that with other stuff in the room. Embarkation was great but I did 1:30-2 and we walked right in after getting dropped off by shuttle at 2:03pm. Delays on line were quick and was because people bought cases of bottled water and could not bring them through CANS ONLY!!. Half moon cay can't comment wasn't feeling well so stayed in bed and enjoyed resting in those comfortable beds.

Band was great in the atrium, comedians happy cole and I forgot the other were good for the first 3 days but they change out and bring in 2 others for the last 3 days and they were not that great in my opinion. I was told by comedian they get 5 shows each because there's no more material usually after that.

Main Dining Room: we enjoyed: sweet & sour shrimp, veal parmigian, prime rib, kale tart with pork medallions appetizer (3 mini), creme brulee, SeaDay brunch chocolate brownie with sauce; salmon cakes, peach soup, filet mignon, chicken breast (one night there were no good choices), popcorn pot de creme (essentially a baked custard), 4 giant grilled shrimp, Grand Marnier souffle, the new cranberry rolls on rotating nights in the bred basket.

Choices that did not get a "thumbs up" at our table:

fig-date cake (different, far less tasty than before), eggs benedict when served at Red Sail/lido buffet, s'more's parfait (too bitter), the rectangular bread rolls with seeds, the baked apple dessert selection, room service chocolate cake (again, too bitter).

Saw evidence of reserved chairs - but never a time when there were not places to sit.

I agree, the number of passengers on this sailing was quite low....very, very few children, too.

Show lounge was, at most, 2/3 full for the Welcome Aboard show.

Did you eat in the MDR every night? If so, which night would you skip if you had to do it over again? Our first cruise and I'm debating the steakhouse.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

SwanseaVillanReturns ,

What days are the "formal" dining days ?

--The 2 Sea days were formal night, only the first formal night had the lobster tail though. The 2nd formal night they had tiger shrimp and jambalaya.

DebbieMo Did you eat in the MDR every night? If so, which night would you skip if you had to do it over again? Our first cruise and I'm debating the steakhouse.

--To be honest the 2nd elegant night I could have skipped for the steakhouse and I missed 2 days wasn't really feeling the menu. Platinum Dining room

We had ARTURO!! Boy he had some serious dance moves!!

****Try those GREAT wings from room service for 5 bucks!::p

DebbieMo Did you eat in the MDR every night? If so, which night would you skip if you had to do it over again? Our first cruise and I'm debating the steakhouse.

--To be honest the 2nd elegant night I could have skipped for the steakhouse and I missed 2 days wasn't really feeling the menu. Platinum Dining room.

****Try those GREAT wings from room service for 5 bucks!::p

Thank you! 25 days to go!! Was telling hubby last night what you posted about the wings since he loves wings.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app