QM2 Deck 11 Forward Inside IC Grades

T5LHR

Hello One and All!

So, looking to book my trip in January, and with my travel industry agent, I am getting prices which are astonishingly good for M502 on the 3rd of January.

The IC grades that are available are within the 11009 - 11017 block, forward on deck 11. They sound great to me, not near anything to worry about such as stairs, service areas, laundrettes and the likes.

Any opinions on this block of cabins would be wonderfully received.

Hope everyone is well,

Warm Regards,

T5LHR

:)

Hello One and All! So, looking to book my trip in January, and with my travel industry agent, I am getting prices which are astonishingly good for M502 on the 3rd of January. The IC grades that are available are within the 11009 - 11017 block, forward on deck 11. They sound great to me, not near anything to worry about such as stairs, service areas, laundrettes and the likes. Any opinions on this block of cabins would be wonderfully received. Hope everyone is well, Warm Regards, T5LHR :)
Hi T5LHR,

I was in 11011 (as a single passenger) in 2007 for a Caribbean cruise and loved the cabin and location. The outside scenic lifts are a few steps away so access to the Commodore Club, Library, Spa, Promenade Deck is so easy. The forward Observation Deck is handy as well. Two decks up to the top of the ship!

The laundry (NOT shown on current deck plans but it is there) is also within the side corridor containing the cabins (please do NOT worry about this, noise was never an issue I promise, and it is SO handy for pressing a shirt!). Both A stairs and lifts and B stairs and lifts are close by. I'd have a cabin here again in a heartbeat.

Downside... you are high up and forward if you suffer from motion sickness (January in the north Atlantic :eek: ).

The "Inside Cabin" photos in the "QM2 Cabin Photos" set via the link below were taken in 11011.

Hope this helps :) ,

Go for it, and a HUGE Bon Voyage from me! :)

Edited by pepperrn

Hello One and All!

So, looking to book my trip in January, and with my travel industry agent, I am getting prices which are astonishingly good for M502 on the 3rd of January.

The IC grades that are available are within the 11009 - 11017 block, forward on deck 11. They sound great to me, not near anything to worry about such as stairs, service areas, laundrettes and the likes.

Any opinions on this block of cabins would be wonderfully received.

Hope everyone is well,

Warm Regards,

T5LHR

Haven't been in those but have been on other decks in that little side corridor and it was excellent. Would rebook in a heartbeat.

As Pepperrn said, you are totally in the bow and, if you have rough weather, you will definitely feel it. Personally, I would try for something a bit more midship for a January crossing. We were on a June crossing once that had stormy weather for a couple of days and had a hard time sleeping in a bed that moved around constantly.

3 absolutely wonderful replies within half an hour… I love this board!

Thank you so much.

pepperrn, great advice, and I will go have a look at your pictures of those cabins. As for the Laundrette, I did always worry about noise, however, you do raise a very good positive there! Never thought about that!

capnpugwash, thank you for the reply. I often walked past those little "side" corridors when I was last onboard and thought they looked quite good for lack of foot-traffic directly outside your door etc… Thanks!

Oahucruiser, thank you for the reply. I completely appreciate what you say. I would love to book something more mid-ship, but unfortunately, the only cabins that are mid-ship are absolutely astronomical in cost for a single occupancy rate on this crossing, well over £2,000 which I can't justify paying, when I can get one of these ones for less than £850. So, it may be a case of popping some pills and getting on with it if it really is that bad. On my crossing in 2012, we had 3 days of bad weather and I was in 8014, so equally ass far forward, just 3 decks down, and I managed OK. But, I do appreciate the Atlantic will be a completely different kettle of fish… :D

I would take those replies, especially the first two, as a resounding yes!

Thank You,

T5

Hi,

Together with our friends we had the two Inside Staterooms 11009/11011 for the full QM2 World Cruise in 2010.

1. Not shown is the Laundry next to 11009. Our friends said that the Washing Machines and the vibration did cause them problems at times. We were in 11011 and did not hear any mechanical noises, however the queue for the Laundry opening did cause us problems with passengers talking and shouting waiting in line from 7.30 AM most mornings. The laundry opening times were then adjusted to open later and close later in the evening, it improved slightly.

2. We had some motion crossing the Bay of Biscay, but other than that it was fine.

3. The bonus we had was that we were very close to the Atlantic Room and the Forward Observation Deck, which was like having our own balcony during the daytime.

4. Passengers in 11015/11017 told us that they had no problems and are tucked out of the way - I would go for one of them.

5. The Inside Staterooms we had were smallish, but we managed for 102 days. The forward lift was close by and the stairwell to the upper deck (Sun Deck) was also nearby. You are a distance from the Restaurants and Entertainment, but that is not a big problem on a 1 week or 2 week cruise.

Hope this helps, have a great Cruise - we loved the QM2 and were still finding new places after half the World Cruise!!!

Best Wishes,

Dave

Hi,

Together with our friends we had the two Inside Staterooms 11009/11011 for the full QM2 World Cruise in 2010.

1. Not shown is the Laundry next to 11009. Our friends said that the Washing Machines and the vibration did cause them problems at times. We were in 11011 and did not hear any mechanical noises, however the queue for the Laundry opening did cause us problems with passengers talking and shouting waiting in line from 7.30 AM most mornings. The laundry opening times were then adjusted to open later and close later in the evening, it improved slightly.

2. We had some motion crossing the Bay of Biscay, but other than that it was fine.

3. The bonus we had was that we were very close to the Atlantic Room and the Forward Observation Deck, which was like having our own balcony during the daytime.

4. Passengers in 11015/11017 told us that they had no problems and are tucked out of the way - I would go for one of them.

5. The Inside Staterooms we had were smallish, but we managed for 102 days. The forward lift was close by and the stairwell to the upper deck (Sun Deck) was also nearby. You are a distance from the Restaurants and Entertainment, but that is not a big problem on a 1 week or 2 week cruise.

Hope this helps, have a great Cruise - we loved the QM2 and were still finding new places after half the World Cruise!!!

Best Wishes,

Dave

Thank You Dave,

More brilliant advice. This is a 7 night crossing, so I imagine there will not be so much of an issue with laundry. All very positive points indeed, and if anyone talks loudly or shouts outside my stateroom door, they will get it right back at them… :D

Thanks Again,

T5

T5 - I had 11015 on my very first crossing and don't remember noise from the laundry and it is in it's own little corridor so you don't get as much noise BUT if the weather is rough there is definite movement up there. It was very rough one night and walking down the corridor necessitated hanging onto the railing.

I do remember lying in bed and noticing the movement but you remember the rough seas in 2012 and down on deck 4 I never noticed a thing.

Linda

T5 - I had 11015 on my very first crossing and don't remember noise from the laundry and it is in it's own little corridor so you don't get as much noise BUT if the weather is rough there is definite movement up there. It was very rough one night and walking down the corridor necessitated hanging onto the railing.

I do remember lying in bed and noticing the movement but you remember the rough seas in 2012 and down on deck 4 I never noticed a thing.

Linda

Hi Linda! :)

Yes, I remember the rough seas, especially the first night or second night, on our 2012 voyage, and yes, I did feel a little green around the gills on deck 8, but tablets prom the Pursers desk sorted me right out and I never noticed a thing after that, in fact, felt blooming marvellous! I think I will be fine up there, on deck 11… Plenty of people do it… I will man up, and probably go with 11015, as that is one of the three which are being offered in that block of cabins.

Always a pleasure to have you reply to a post… :)

T5

I have been on decks 9, 10 & 12 in the same general area of the ship. I loved those cabins. I used the scenic elevator almost exclusively and enjoyed the closeness of the Commodore Club. No problems that I can remember with motion. Go for it!

Thanks Lady H… :)

I am going to call tomorrow and book. I checked with a friend who is a regular Cunard agent to make sure I was not missing out on something else, and he has confirmed that if I can get it through my industry agent at the rate I have been told, then I am saving at least £800, which is a massive massive chunk of cash… Too good to pass up.

Woo Hoo!!!!!! BOOKED!!!!!

After more digging, managed to get a guarantee booking on an HB grade (Atrium View) cabin for a completely silly price, and just could not say no to it really! I will have to worry about getting annual leave from work when that bridge is presented to me in a few weeks…

I am so so so so so so excited…! :D:D:D:D:D

Woo hooooooo!!!!!!!

After more digging, managed to get a guarantee booking on an HB grade (Atrium View) cabin for a completely silly price, and just could not say no to it really! I will have to worry about getting annual leave from work when that bridge is presented to me in a few weeks… I am so so so so so so excited…!
Hi T5LHR

Well done! :) . I am pleased for you, and your excitement comes across ;) :) .

I've not had an Atrium View Cabin yet, the one time I booked one, I was visited by the up-grade fairy, who was in a good mood, and she overlooked "oceanview" cabins and moved me directly to a Sheltered Balcony Cabin on Deck 5! So I've still not stayed in one so far!

Well done again, Bon Voyage :)

Edited by pepperrn

Hi T5LHR

Well done! :) . I am pleased for you, and your excitement comes across ;) :) .

I've not had an Atrium View Cabin yet, the one time I booked one, I was visited by the up-grade fairy, who was in a good mood, and she overlooked "oceanview" cabins and moved me directly to a Sheltered Balcony Cabin on Deck 5! So I've still not stayed in one so far!

Well done again, Bon Voyage :)

Funny you should say that… When I was talking to the agent, she said that she has booked plenty of people into the HB grade of cabin, but does not remember anyone actually ending up in one. Presumably because there are only 9 of them or so, most people who book, get shipped off somewhere else… However, wherever I end up, for the price I paid, I will be very, very happy… And, as HB is a relatively "high" grade in the world of inside cabins, I can't go down too far in grades, if at all…!

Thanks for the reply! :)

Woo Hoo!!!!!! BOOKED!!!!!

After more digging, managed to get a guarantee booking on an HB grade (Atrium View) cabin for a completely silly price, and just could not say no to it really! I will have to worry about getting annual leave from work when that bridge is presented to me in a few weeks…

I am so so so so so so excited…! :D:D:D:D:D

Woo hooooooo!!!!!!!

Congratulations! Let the countdown begin!!

I know the feeling - my voyage is less than 2 months away.

Linda

Congratulations! Let the countdown begin!!

I know the feeling - my voyage is less than 2 months away.

Linda

Ooh! Lovely… When I get to 2 months, I will be beyond excited! :D

Where are you going?

T5