Thinking out loud

We have booked extra leg room seats for our flights (2 week cruise:)) now waiting for the day we can select our seat.

I am now thinking was this worth it as anyone going for only 1 week will be able to select there seat one week earlier!! Leaving less choice for us

Am I right or just being daft lol :confused:

I'm clearly missing something here - because I don't understand the issue.

1. Can't you reserve specific extra legroom seats at the time you book and pay for them ?

2. How is somebody on the same outward flight but returning on a different inward flight able to select seats ahead of you ?

These may be stupid questions - just humour me if so.

It may be me being daft. I see it like this, you can select your seat 90 days from your return flight date if you are only cruising for one week your 90 days would be earlier than a 2 week cruise but still both on the same outward flight so they would get first pick of the outward bound seats

It may be me being daft. I see it like this, you can select your seat 90 days from your return flight date if you are only cruising for one week your 90 days would be earlier than a 2 week cruise but still both on the same outward flight so they would get first pick of the outward bound seats

I think you are correct. It's an issue which has been discussed before and arises because with Thomson there's always the potential that some may be doing a 7 night cruise, others a 14 night.

I'm not sure how they get round the problem you describe though as letting you both book on the same release date would still have issues of people who had begun their holiday a week before you and were doing 14 nights - they would still have had a week's start on you. Or am I confused now?

I'm clearly missing something here - because I don't understand the issue.

1. Can't you reserve specific extra legroom seats at the time you book and pay for them ?

2. How is somebody on the same outward flight but returning on a different inward flight able to select seats ahead of you ?

These may be stupid questions - just humour me if so.

you cant reserve specific extra legroom/premium seats on the same day you book and pay for them, they can only be reserved 90 days before the return flight (when the seat plan opens)

everyone (who has paid the fee) can select their seat for their return flight on the same day regardless of how long they are staying in resort (90 days before the return flight)

return flights are unaffected

but....you select your seats for both outbound and return flights on the same day

two weekers on the same outbound flight as one weekers will have to wait a further week before their seat plan opens (for the same outbound flight) because their return flight is a week later

phew... complicated:confused:.... clear as mud eh?:o

I have never got my head round this either :confused: Surely if it is the return date, it is the same return date whether you are going for one, two or indeed three weeks :confused: or am I being dim? :o[/quote

I know what you mean. However, if you are going for two weeks but your departure date is the same as someone only going for one week, the person going for the one week gets to choose their seats a week before you because they are returning a week before you. So, they have a better choice of seats for the outward flight. Seat choice on the return flight is the same for all, regardless of length of the holiday. Does that make sense?

I have never got my head round this either :confused: Surely if it is the return date, it is the same return date whether you are going for one, two or indeed three weeks :confused: or am I being dim? :o[/quote

I know what you mean. However, if you are going for two weeks but your departure date is the same as someone only going for one week, the person going for the one week gets to choose their seats a week before you because they are returning a week before you. So, they have a better choice of seats for the outward flight. Seat choice on the return flight is the same for all, regardless of length of the holiday. Does that make sense?

Yes it does Tizzy-Jo:)

Thanks Tizzy-Jo :) I went to bed still puzzling this, but yes I do see now :D

So, for example, if I was going on 1st of the month until the 8th and someone else was going 1st-15th of the month, I could book in 90 days before the 8th and the other person couldn't book in until 90 days before the 15th - right?

Have never booked seats, so not had this problem :rolleyes::D

So, for example, if I was going on 1st of the month until the 8th and someone else was going 1st-15th of the month, I could book in 90 days before the 8th and the other person couldn't book in until 90 days before the 15th - right?

Well put. I tried once or twice to post something similar but got my brains in a knot.

That's it exactly Linda. Very clearly explained.

And if they did it the other way round ie allowed you to book from 90 days out from your departure date instead of return date there would be the same problem.

If you book a 7 night trip on the 1st your return date of 8th will have been available to those booking a two week trip from 23rd/24th.

I'm getting a bit confused now too but would I be right in saying using the return date disadvantages those booked for two weeks whereas booking from departure date disadvantages those doing one week trips? Either way someone loses out.

All stems from the one week cycles Thomson offer which are good for b2b, increased permutations for itineraries and choice of cruise and stays. I don't see a way round it

without someone losing out.

Linda you gave an excellent explanation.:D

Now I want to confuse things,

the OP, colbreg, said extra leg room, not seats together.

Surely these are booked when you pay?:confused: As there aren't very many of them.:(

Edited by happy v

Linda you gave an excellent explanation.:D

Now I want to confuse things,

the OP, colbreg, said extra leg room, not seats together.

Surely these are booked when you pay?:confused: As there aren't very many of them.:(

They can certainly be booked at time of booking but don't think actual seats can be chosen until the 90 day thing.

nope, no seats can be reserved until 90 days before your return flight...not xtr legroom, not premium, not any

you can upgrade your seats by calling them at anytime (the cost will be added to your balance)

2 days before departure (may be 5 days for long haul?) you can upgrade online if upgrades are available and pay by credit card, not sure if you can do that if you have already checked in? because at that point the seatplan becomes unavailable:confused:

Edited by geomagot