1st time DCL Dream with DD25 and DD12

freshstart19

Hi! Haven't been on a cruise in 17 years. Going to WDW for 4 days prior to the 3 day Dream at the end of at the end of August. Is there anything on board that would be great for both DD25 and DD12? DD12 wants to go to the kid clubs. I can't imagine that we are going to want to watch every show. We have the 2nd seating which is probably fine. I've booked the Comfort Inn for our Nassau/Atlantis excursion since I just booked the cruise this past week. Was able to get a couple of wave runners at Castaway Cay. Is there something else I should look into since my girls are older but also a big age difference?

On a 3 night cruise, you basically have time to do nothing. You've already planned Nassau. Hang out on the family beach on Castaway Cay. Enjoy Pelican Plunge, snorkel, hang out on tubes/floats.

There are very few activities on a 3 night cruise as there are no sea days. DD12 can't go to adult only areas, but you can participate in any/all family activities that interest you. Not sure why you wouldn't want to go to all the shows....but don't miss "Golden Mickeys."

Honestly, a 3 night (2 1/2 day) cruise is basically enough to get your feet wet and that's about all. The good family activities occur on longer cruises.

Not sure what is offered on 3 night cruises, but bingo is something everyone can do. Movies as well.

My kids, ages 9-16, had the run of the ship then we all got together for dinner and talked about our day.

I hope you all have a fantastic time! :)

You might want to consider the Stingray Adventure at Castaway Cay. My son and I enjoyed it very much. We have rented floats, bikes and snorkeling gear as well. My husband enjoys the hammocks and the adult beverages on the island. :)

On board, my husband likes to do Cognac tastings, however, if Cognac is not something you're interested in, then there are wine, beer, martini, chocolate and mixology seminars as well. These are an additional fee, but nominal when you consider the samples of liquer and the knowledge you gain as well.

Mini golf, Bingo and family games and activities are scheduled thru the day. There is a fantastic theater that shows current and new releases. We saw the Age of Ultron at midnight on our most recent cruise in April. :)

The pool is always an exciting place to be and the AquaDuck is great for all ages. The lines can get long, but it is not like you have any pressing engagements to get to after all.

The Oceaneer Club (up to age 12) or Edge (ages 11 to 14) would also be fun for your youngest. My son is 12 and my daughter is 13 and they will spend many hours there. The schedule is pretty full and there are lots of activities at either club (or both) I doubt she will be bored.

Again, I hope you have a fantastic time.

Hello Sytrace,

Thanks for the additional information. Sounds like we're going to run out of time! We're too chicken to get in the water with stingrays. I was able to get wave runners for Castaway Cay. Have the Comfort Inn reserved for Atlantis but can't decide between that or a dolphin encounter. DD12 will be checking out the kid clubs for sure!

If I were you I would consider canceling your comfort suite booking and just stay in the ship. It is really your only time to experience the ship. Treat Nassau as a sea day. Tons of people will get off the ship and you will be able to experience the ship when it isn't as crowded.

Hello Sytrace,

Thanks for the additional information. Sounds like we're going to run out of time! We're too chicken to get in the water with stingrays. I was able to get wave runners for Castaway Cay. Have the Comfort Inn reserved for Atlantis but can't decide between that or a dolphin encounter. DD12 will be checking out the kid clubs for sure!

waver runners are fun! My son wants to do that and perhaps we will.

The stingrays don't have barbed tails but they are very interesting creatures. We fed them and it was like a vacumn sucking up the food from our hands. And then we swam with them. They are definitely Disney friendly. Lol :)

We are getting so excited for our Sept.cruise.

The rays are definitely DCL friendly! We did the Platinum experience animal tour (no, it isn't offered any more ) and were told that because they knew a hurricane was headed for Castaway Cay, they dropped the barrier nets, allowing the rays to go to deeper, safer water. Within 3 days, all but 2 of the rays were back at Castaway. They kept the nets down and by the end of the week ALL their rays were back. Because of this incident, they feel quite confident that the rays are at Castaway because they want to be, not because they are "trapped" there.