Labadee with kids

azmaui

Hi,

We will be first time in Labadee with 2 kids (5 and 7) and I am getting really confused about the cabana rentals/different beaches.

Here is what I am looking at:

- Nellie's beach over the water cabana (ugh, so expensive!!!)

- Nellie's beach cabana

- Beach bungalow Columbus Cove

- Beach bed Adrenaline Beach

- Amiga Island

- Malfini beach

If we splurge on cabana which would be best area for kids? They can swim well, are active but I would want the cabana to be right where they are swimming/playing.

Would Amiga or Malfini be a good fit for kids?

We like fun, water park sounds cool but do not like crowds!

Please help!!!

There is absolutely NO NEED for cabanas or beach beds or anything, especially with kids! They will want to run about and explore! There are loungers everywhere...and sun and shade as needed! Just roam and have a great beachy day!

Since you did ask about the swimming at the Cabanas and not if you needed them, the swimming area around both Nellies and Barefoot beach is pretty good clear warm water with easy access in and out. Terrible for snorkeling, but great for swimming.

• 2 weeks later...

Beware the water park with kids that small. We tried it and the life vests they make everyone wear are huge and uncomfortable for the young kids, and mine really couldn't even climb up onto the inflatable obstacles at all. My daughter also got pushed under while trying to climb up on one obstacle when bigger kids were bouncing around on it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is absolutely NO NEED for cabanas or beach beds or anything, especially with kids! They will want to run about and explore! There are loungers everywhere...and sun and shade as needed! Just roam and have a great beachy day!

what if i like to sit in a cabana on a beach instead of in the sand? what if i like having a structure to place my things in while i'm in the water? My kid needs to take a nap, and i would like him to be in the shade and not out in the open with people walking by hoping that the trees will keep the sun off of him. How about then? Is there still NO NEED for a cabana? and why can't my kids run around and explore and still have a place to come back to? Why do you live in a house? why don't you just sleep on a beach chair and roam around and play all day?

You seriously are the worst