12/29 PG Itinerary Changed AGAIN?

alaala

For those of you on the New Years PG cruise, I just noticed today they've really changed the itinerary. Huahaine has been added back in, but then there is this strange back-and-forth :confused: between the private motu and Bora Bora that really lessens the time there.

Anyone else on this sailing? Any insight from your TA on the changes yet? Anyone out there done a NY's cruise on the PG? I'm really curious as to how they ring in the new year, any fireworks? I'm a big fan of fireworks :D

Hi Alaala, we are on the sailing with you.

I have given up wondering what they are doing but I am sure it is something to do with New Years. I am quite pleased to be at Motu Mahanna for two days as I love the beach there. I hear that the Bora Bora hotels have a lot of fireworks and hopefully we will be able to see them from where the PG is anchored.

A little more than a month left and I am really looking forward to being on the PG again.

Miriam

Hi, Miriam

Well, since I am fond of fireworks, I'm glad for that, but I actually preferred the two straight days at the motu instead of that silly back-and-forth that really cuts into our Bora Bora time. We were really looking forward to all the excursions offered there, they seemed so great we had planned something for am/pm on both days, and wanted to be sure to have one pm at the private motu off Bora Bora. Now it looks like we'll only get to do the private motu there . . no Sting Ray Ballet :(

Since you've been on the ship before (you lucky thing!), would you mind giving us any tips on what you would consider the "no miss" excursions? We are now thinking of renting a car on Huahaine and driving about looking for a nice beach that day, any advice?

Looking forward to meeting you! Audrey

Hi Audrey, We did the following excursions - Bora Bora 4 x 4, Bora bora semi submersible, Bora bora aqua safari - my daughter did this but found it tame. Daughter also went diving and enjoyed it. Moorea 4 x 4. Didnt do anything in Raitea so have booked something there this time.

We have also booked the Huahine motu day. I was hoping to convince Marc from Huahine Nautique to take us for a half day 4x4 and half day motu as all day may be too much but he said he was not available that day. I htink the nicest beaches are not on on the island but on the motus ( sand bars)so I dont know whether driving will be any good.I also want to do the Tahiti 4 x 4.

Other than that I am just going to the Motus on the three or four days and hope to hit the beach in Moorea. The last two times I went in 2003 and 2004 PG passengers were allowed to use the Sofitel beach and all we had to do was rent a chair. It was a lovely beach and had facilities etc.

Cannot wait to be back on the PG but not looking forward to the flight.

I heard that New Years is Black & White but still informal.

Miriam

Sounds like you are planning a very relaxing time. I've been amazed how many people seem to have been on the PG mulitiple times, it must be wonderful. I think I need to think about not cramming so much in and enjoying a slower pace like you are planning for this time around.

What is the motu day on Huahine? Is it one of the Regent offerings?

Glad you warned me about the B&W on NYears. Everything else I read made it sound so casual, I was a bit disappointed as I do like dressing up a bit now and then?

How old is your daughter? This will be one of only two trips I've ever taken without mine (she's now 23 and working full-time on the east coast), and it feels really strange not to have her to talk all these things over with. She's my absolute favorite traveling companion and loves getting me into things I wouldn't normally.

See you soon :) --Audrey

Audrey, you can be as dressy as you like, especially for special occasions like the Captain's reception. Lots of women do.

Speaking as one of those blessed who have spent 28 days on the Paul Gauguin, I wish you a great trip. I haven't been to Huahine yet, so I think I'll have to go at least one more time!!

Hi Audrey, although new year's is black and white it is still country club casual.My husband will not be bringing a tux or suit. Thats what he loves about the PG.

My daughter will be 22 in March. I guess you and I are of the same ilk - I love travelling with her and she has been on all but a couple of trips with us. Since she is still in university we do plan around her down times. But, I know that once she is out in the'real world' she wont be travelling with us all that often.

I booked the Huahine trip with Regent when the excursions were out. It was so long ago that I cant quite recall which ones I booked....

I see you went to Antartica. My daughter Chiara who is passionate about penguins has always wanted to go there. Maybe sometime in the future. She went on an expedition to the arctic(in an icebreaker)when she was in high school. At this time we are trying to get Africa off our list - did south africa this year and will do East Africa next year, but maybe in a year or two.

We are both 53 so a bit older than you! See you soon.

Miriam

Archived