Just off of Independence, a few observations.

dcgrumpy

I just returned from a 5 night IOS cruise 2/20-2/25.

There are a couple of questions that I see come up often.

Drink cards were offered on the last day, 10 drinks for $69 +18% gratuity.

I had the drink package and was never charged extra for drinks that were listed as $13 or $14. I had a glass or two of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc with dinner almost every night. It was listed as $16 but I was never charged the extra $4.

Teens were allowed to move up or down between the 12-14 & 15-17 year old groups if they had siblings in the other group.

I didn't realize when you book a Next Cruise on an Oasis class ship you get double OBC. It's probably common knowledge and I haven't been paying attention. I booked 2 Boardwalk balconies on Oasis. I paid a $200 deposit and received $400 OBC. I was able to get $200 in instant OBC and $200 on the future cruise.

The ship was in great shape.

John Blair is not my cup of tea.

I believe the double OBC is being offered due to the current Oasis class promotion. Book now and receive $100 OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Probably, that makes sense. Which means if I move or reprice the cruise and it's not being offered I'll lose it. He didn't mention that at all.

I believe the double OBC is being offered due to the current Oasis class promotion. Book now and receive $100 OBC.

So that might mean the extra OBC might not be available if one chooses the balcony discount.

I just returned from a 5 night IOS cruise 2/20-2/25.

There are a couple of questions that I see come up often.

Drink cards were offered on the last day, 10 drinks for $69 +18% gratuity.

I had the drink package and was never charged extra for drinks that were listed as $13 or $14. I had a glass or two of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc with dinner almost every night. It was listed as $16 but I was never charged the extra $4.

Teens were allowed to move up or down between the 12-14 & 15-17 year old groups if they had siblings in the other group.

I didn't realize when you book a Next Cruise on an Oasis class ship you get double OBC. It's probably common knowledge and I haven't been paying attention. I booked 2 Boardwalk balconies on Oasis. I paid a $200 deposit and received $400 OBC. I was able to get $200 in instant OBC and $200 on the future cruise.

The ship was in great shape.

John Blair is not my cup of tea.

Not sure I understand how the drink package works. If my husband and I just would like to have a bottle of wine with dinner should I get the drink package?

Thanks.

Not sure I understand how the drink package works. If my husband and I just would like to have a bottle of wine with dinner should I get the drink package?

Thanks.

You'll still have to pay for a bottle. If you want wine by the glass, that is included (up to $13 per glass) with the package.

Thanks.

No, you can just buy a single bottle of wine, no package needed.