Luggage...land tour

camper49

Cruising first...followed by four day land tour. My luggage question is....where do you find luggage that meets you at the end of your tour? Will have a 17x14x4 bag for the train ride to Denali..1 bag each that will meet us at Denali hotel and then again in Fairbanks. What about other luggage that meets you at the end? Where will we find that?

For our cruisetour, all bags were taken from the ship to our bus and were on our bus the whole trip. Our guides did ask us to tag the bags that we wanted taken from bus to the hotels each day however.

Cruising first...followed by four day land tour. My luggage question is....where do you find luggage that meets you at the end of your tour? Will have a 17x14x4 bag for the train ride to Denali..1 bag each that will meet us at Denali hotel and then again in Fairbanks. What about other luggage that meets you at the end? Where will we find that?

I would suggest talking to someone in customer service for which ever cruise line you are using. I'm guessing you are talking about 1-2 bags that were for the cruise only. Depending on transportation arrangements there could be a number of options. It sounds like you are flying out of Fairbanks. More than likely your bags will be at the hotel your last day in Fairbanks for pick up. But, your cruise line rep should be able to answer your questions.

We took a Princess cruise tour 2 years ago and that ended in Fairbanks. We packed a carry-on for each of us that was delivered to our room each day and then the rest of the bags arrived at our Fairbanks hotel at the conclusion of the tour.

Do all cruise lines have you separate your luggage for the land and the cruise part?

It's not necessarily a cruise / land separation but that's the most convent way to manage it.

We are doing the princess 3 night land tour after our cruise. During the cruise we will be given tags to put on an overnight bag that we will want delivered at the hotels in between, and different tags to put on our big bags that we won't need until the last hotel before flying home.

Separately we will take a small day bag on the train with us with us containing anything we need on the trip, or don't want to be in our checked bags. 17x14x4 that fits under the train seat.