Suggestions- Excursions- 1st time Family Cruise

Kelspea

We are booked for our 1st family cruise May 2017 to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica (excited!). I'm currently researching shore-excursions for each locations that are good for a family of 4 with a 7yr old / 9 yr old / and parents.

Hubby and I would really really like to do a 1/2 fishing excursion at one port of call but not sure which one. Also, not sure if its really doable, since departing the boat will be after morning bite.

We were thinking

1 adventure port - like ATV riding or something similar

1 Port for beach and being lazy

1 port for fishing (if possible)

What locations or ports of call would you suggest I look into?

Thanks!

We have 3 kids just younger than yours. Here is my planning from past cruise and next to give you idea. Btw, I think western Caribbean is better for kids then Eastern..

Grand Cayman: sting ray tour, turtle farm,7 mile beach

Cozumel: paradise beach, ruins

Costa Maya: Ruins, hang out in port,

Falmouth: Dunn's river

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Cozumel is an island - great for a beach day. Your family would enjoy either Paradise Beach ($3 admission/chair rental), a large pay-as you-go beach club with great facilities or Mr. Sanchos - all-inclusive (food/drinks) for about $50 per adult (check the web site for kid prices).

Pay extra for your kids to use the water toys (about $15 each) and let them wear themselves out while you order another margarita! :cool:

In GC we have twice done the snorkel and stingray city tour with Moby Dick - smaller boat, great service, kid sized snorkel gear, no pressure to buy photos, etc. Mark is a great guy!

Have a great cruise! :)

That's the same itinerary we are going on in Jan. So far, our tentative plans are:

Montego Bay: Dr Cave's beach, Margarittaville (the kids will love the large slide there), and possibly a Pork Pit stop for some local fare.

Grand Cayman: stingray/snorkel tour, 7mile beach... maybe a stop at the turtle farm after stingrays if there is time.

Cozumel: hiring a private driver for a tour of the island, checking out the ruins, the east side, el mirador, and not sure what else.

Of course those could all change, since nothing is yet booked.

have your little ones been on a fishing boat before? If not I would be real skeptical about that one myself. Paradise Beach in Cozumel would likely be a great choice...nice beach for the parents and fun "water park" for the kids. Cayman....definitely have to do stingray city if the kids like water. It truly is a neat experience. I always use Capt Marvins when in GC and have had all great experiences with them.

We were just there and did Chanaakba Park. Best place ever with our Grandaughters. Swimming,Snorkeling,Sea Lion Show,Dolphin Swim,Mayan Village,Crocodiles,Parrots,Food. We did it on our own. Short [emoji106]10 minute taxi ride for 12 dollars for 4 of us. 22 dollar each admission fee but more than worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you do Chankanaab they have a 2.00 off per person coupon on their website right now too. I was also thinking about going there but youtube vids and the places web site didnt really wow me enough. Sounds as if it may be worth checking out though