Hotel and transportation to Black Falcon

chinacat

Hi all,

We're sailing out of Boston on Friday 8/25. Driving from Syracuse NY we'd like to stay maybe an hour away Thursday night and take car service/shuttle to the pier. I have no interest in driving in Boston (hubby will be recovering from radiation treatments) and disembarkation day is Friday of Labor Day wknd - I assume traffic will be a nightmare.

Does anyone have suggestions for lodging, with parking for the wk and/or transportation svcs?

We've used Yankee Trails multiple times when cruising from NYC but the Boston schedule doesn't work for us.

Thanks

Hi all,

We're sailing out of Boston on Friday 8/25. Driving from Syracuse NY we'd like to stay maybe an hour away Thursday night and take car service/shuttle to the pier. I have no interest in driving in Boston (hubby will be recovering from radiation treatments) and disembarkation day is Friday of Labor Day wknd - I assume traffic will be a nightmare.

Does anyone have suggestions for lodging, with parking for the wk and/or transportation svcs?

We've used Yankee Trails multiple times when cruising from NYC but the Boston schedule doesn't work for us.

Thanks

How much money are you willing to spend on this plan? Car service from an hour out will be pricey. If I were to use a car service to Black Falcon from where I live it would cost me about $100 and I am only about 35 minutes away. You would have to search around for a hotel that would let you leave your car for a week.

The strategy we recommend for folks is to stay an hour out on I90, drive to the port the following morning leaving after 9:00 am, and park at the pier. When you disembark the Friday of Labor Day weekend, you get your car and hop on I90 to get out of town before the rush starts. There is very little Boston street driving with this plan - the cruiseport is only a few blocks from I90 exits in South Boston.

The only cost effective way I think you can do this is to get a hotel near Framingham, drive to the Logan Express bus, and go to Logan Airport where you would get a cab to the port. Bus is $12/pp & $22 rt. Parking is $7/day. Cab from the airport to Black Falcon is about $25, so you can do this for about $150.

There are quite a few hotels right off the Pike in Framingham. There a Sheraton that looks nice from the outside. There are also a few in Natick (next exit).

With regards to the port, its really easy to get to. Its just off the Pike. For embarkation day, sleep in, and don't plan to be the first on board. I live off of 495 by the Pike and when I cruised out of the now "Flynn" terminal, I left my house around 11:30 on the Friday and had smooth sailing getting in. With regards to leaving, if you leave in the morning, you should have no issue heading west on the Pike.