A New Healthier and Skinnier ME

vdarrell

Hi I am making myself accountable as of today :)

Celebration of LIFE Cruise is in October

I have gained 70 lbs in the last two years due to health issues so now I am ready to not accept it and to quit using my health issues as an excuse.

I was diagnoised three years ago with Auto Immune Disease that damaged my liver and other organs. And a year ago diagnoised with advanced Lupus not to mention for 30 years have battle HypoThyroid.

I am tired of carrying this weigh around it is too hard on my body and with our 2nd cruise coming up in October I have decided to not allowed anyone or anything to stand in my way and NO EXCUSES from my fat self as the skinnier self wants to come out

My goal is to loose 20 lbs by cruise time by eating the way my body needs to as with health issues I have a lot of changes since I am not allowed sugar-salt or alot of animal protein

Weighed in this morning at 226.2 lbs (oh no I didn't post that did I :eek: )

Started the morning off preparing and pre cooking meals to be ready so no hesitation in what is for lunch-dinner

3 crock pots going 1.....kidney beans-black beans ( to make bean burritos and beans and rice 2.....garbonzo beans ( make garbonzo bean salad and hummus) 3...Chicken breast

Cut up veggies (made cucumber-onion-tomato salad) ( stuffed baby multi peppers with ricotta cheese) and a (carrot-crasins-pecans with low fat greek yogurt salad)

Breakfast was a turkey sausage(home made)-baked potato-onion-red pepper hash and a small bowl of carrot salad

Will try to post pics of meals as soon as I learn how ;)

Hi I am making myself accountable as of today :)

Celebration of LIFE Cruise is in October

I have gained 70 lbs in the last two years due to health issues so now I am ready to not accept it and to quit using my health issues as an excuse.

I was diagnoised three years ago with Auto Immune Disease that damaged my liver and other organs. And a year ago diagnoised with advanced Lupus not to mention for 30 years have battle HypoThyroid.

I am tired of carrying this weigh around it is too hard on my body and with our 2nd cruise coming up in October I have decided to not allowed anyone or anything to stand in my way and NO EXCUSES from my fat self as the skinnier self wants to come out

My goal is to loose 20 lbs by cruise time by eating the way my body needs to as with health issues I have a lot of changes since I am not allowed sugar-salt or alot of animal protein

Started the morning off preparing and pre cooking meals to be ready so no hesitation in what is for lunch-dinner

3 crock pots going 1.....kidney beans-black beans ( to make bean burritos and beans and rice 2.....garbonzo beans ( make garbonzo bean salad and hummus) 3...Chicken breast

Cut up veggies (made cucumber-onion-tomato salad) ( stuffed baby multi peppers with ricotta cheese) and a (carrot-crasins-pecans with low fat greek yogurt salad)

Breakfast....... was a turkey sausage(home made)-baked potato-onion-red pepper hash and a small bowl of carrot salad

Lunch time...... made chickpea salad on pita pocket -cucumber salad - a small bowl of watermelon

Breakfast....... was a turkey sausage(home made)-baked potato-onion-red pepper hash and a small bowl of carrot salad

Lunch time...... made chickpea salad on pita pocket -cucumber salad - a small bowl of watermelon

Dinner was .....4 ounce chicken breast---green beans---1 cup cousous

a small bowl of watermelon

Since dinner was early I did get hungry before bed so instead of doing the usual junk food snack I opted to have a half of a sandwich using the little chicken i did not eat at dinner and 1 slice of Ezk. Sodium free bread

Yesterday went really good

Hoping today will be better

Heres hoping everyone has a blessed day :)

Energy balance is the primary dietary driver of body weight and it also impacts body composition. So, the first thing you should focus on is figuring out how many calories per day, on average, you should consume in order to progress towards your goals.

The average number of calories you expend per day (a.k.a. Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE)) is a function of your basal metabolic rate (BMR) and your average weekly activity level.

Have you figured out your BMR yet? You need to have an idea of your approximate body fat % in order to calculate your BMR. If you know your BMR, then you need to figure out your activity factor.

As an example, assuming your bodyfat is 30%, your BMR (assuming sedentary lifestyle) is 1970 and factoring your sedentary lifestyle, gives you a TDEE of about 2112.

Your TDEE is the the calories at which you will neither gain nor lose tissue weight. This is an approximation, so try and ingest that many calories for a week or two. If you neither gain nor lose weight, you will have validated the estimate.

Once you know what your TDEE is, simply reduce that by 10-20% and you will lose fat.

As an example, you can set your target caloric intake between 1700 - 1900 calories per day (from everything, including food, juice, soda, etc.).

Energy balance is the primary dietary driver of body weight and it also impacts body composition. So, the first thing you should focus on is figuring out how many calories per day, on average, you should consume in order to progress towards your goals.

The average number of calories you expend per day (a.k.a. Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE)) is a function of your basal metabolic rate (BMR) and your average weekly activity level.

Have you figured out your BMR yet? You need to have an idea of your approximate body fat % in order to calculate your BMR. If you know your BMR, then you need to figure out your activity factor.

As an example, assuming your bodyfat is 30%, your BMR (assuming sedentary lifestyle) is 1970 and factoring your sedentary lifestyle, gives you a TDEE of about 2112.

Your TDEE is the the calories at which you will neither gain nor lose tissue weight. This is an approximation, so try and ingest that many calories for a week or two. If you neither gain nor lose weight, you will have validated the estimate.

Once you know what your TDEE is, simply reduce that by 10-20% and you will lose fat.

As an example, you can set your target caloric intake between 1700 - 1900 calories per day (from everything, including food, juice, soda, etc.).

Thank you for the imput in my case I have several illness that complicate the digestive factor of food and a no salt- no sugar- limited animal protein so following the standards the doctors have given does work but following thru with them is my problem

So this is where I must make the decision to follow thru

If I do them I can loose it is just the motivation and self encouragement I needed had to come from me and until now i was giving up on so many things myself was one of them

But determination and motivation has entered back into me so look out here I AM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Vdarrell, something you may be interested in based on what you are eating is "Shred, Revolutionary diet" and "Super Shred". Many have had fantastic results eating healthy. Both diets are veggie and fruit based with some proteins. Might be worth at least checking it out for yourself. Just Google the above. I never eat fruit and veggies so I went for it hoping to learn to eat them. I started with Super Shred, a 4 week program, and lost 13 pounds and 19 inches. Shred, Revolutionary diet is a 6 week program to which I am now in the middle of my 5th week. During these last 4 weeks I have lost 5 more pounds and 4 more inches. From what I have read many lose more weight than I did. Of course it depends on how far over weight you are to begin with. I was 201 at 5'3 so I was about 70 pounds overweight. Sorry for the long post. Go ahead and check it out when you don't have anything to do. Good luck to you.

I, too, have problems motivating myself and holding myself accountable. Due to my medical issues, it's harder for me to lose weight than most and I really have to work hard, even when I'm not seeing any results. (That's the hardest.) I'll be cruising in May to celebrate my graduation, and I want to be healthier, happier with myself, and have more stamina by then.

You sound like you're off to a great start! You can do this! If you need someone to help hold you accountable or motivate you when you're feeling low, I'm here! A good support system is so helpful on a journey like yours. :)

Good Morning VDARRELL - your motivation is admirable!! YOU WILL REACH YOUR GOAL! We always take the stairs and walk and walk and walk on a cruise which helps so much to keep the weight at bay.......Enjoy your October cruise! I will be back to see your progress:)