Gluten Free @ buffet on HMC?

1stTimeCruiserAmy

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing gluten free.

You'll have to make the trip back to the ship.

I'm not an expert on gluten free food, but I think you could find something to eat. They have fresh fruit such as watermelon, canteloupe, pineapple etc.

They have jerk chicken, and grilled squash. Potato salad, coleslaw, etc.

Basically, if you want a hamburger, you can ask on the ship for their GF buns to be there(they'll keep them separate, out of reach of passengers), then let cook know when you tell him what you want. Their hamburger patties are made GF. Obviously no potato salad, coleslaw, etc. You will have to check with chef re: jerk chicken, bbq sauce(usually is ok, but I would make sure first) We did this with HAL, and had no issues. Have fun!

We will be spending a day at HMC and wondered if anyone had any gluten free experiences at HMC at the buffet? Or will we need to head back to the ship to eat?

Thanks!

We will be spending a day at HMC and wondered if anyone had any gluten free experiences at HMC at the buffet? Or will we need to head back to the ship to eat?

Thanks!

Hi Amy! When are you cruising? I'm GF too and I'm curious what you discovered? If i cruise first I'll let you know what I find out! Tracy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

On HMC, I ended up with a bunless burger, some potato salad and some fruit. It was fine for lunch. I did NOT attempt the jerk, hot dogs, or other side dishes for fear of being glutened! I think you'll be able to find something.