Barcelona with Children

Stangirl

We are spending 2 days pre cruise in Barcelona mid October with children.

I have read about an amusement park (tibidabo) and a science museum (CosmoCaixa?) and also the fountains of Montjuic.

Any recommendations for these or other activities with an 8 and 10 year old are appreciated!

RollieUK and Epixx,

Thank you for great recommendations! I anticipate the children may not want to leave Barcelona to board the Epic for our cruise :)

Have either of you visited CosmoCaixa or tibidabo? I would appreciate your opinions on both of these attractions.

Thank you again for your assistance!

We were there for three days pre cruise with two grandchildren ages 6 & 9 last year. The girls loves Park Guell, so you might add that to your list. They also loved the beach. We had a hotel with a rooftop pool which they also liked. Of course they also loved walking on the Ramblas and getting a gelato!

One thing that they did not love was the HOHO bus. It spent a lot of time in traffic with so many stops loading and unloading and we all felt that other than some good views and photo ops, in retrospect it was not a good activity for the kids.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

I've been to Cosmo Caixa with my five year old grand daughter last November it was amazing, well worth a visit and interesting for all ages young and old. The rain forest is fantastic, lots to see and do and very very cheap as under 16's are free and adults 4 euro. I would say it's something NOT be missed in Barcelona if you have children. :) we are in Barcelona next week and are thinking of going again and we don't have her with us this time lol

DebbieMacG,

Thank you for the review. I am very happy to hear Cosmo Caixa it is worthy of a visit. We are a travelling family of science geeks and I think this will be a highlight in Barcelona :)

Sunsetbeachgal,

I appreciate your recommendation to refrain from the HOHO bus. I was planning on buying passes before we leave, but will now look for other transportation around the city.

Is the bus/metro station easy to use and is there a 2 day pass available for purchase? We arrive Friday at noon and Epic sails on Sunday.