Aerial Tram-Transportation vs tours

OC PAT

I usually book private as I find the tours less expensive and smaller in people. We've been to St. Lucia several times and I thought this would be something new and interesting. No Zip lining interest! So RCCL offers the transportation and admission for $119.00 pp, Ambrose offers it for $175. pp. Booking direct for the tram is $80.00 pp. I've read some scary accounts from folks who used a taxi for $40.00 1-way.

So here's my question. Why is the ship offer the best price and Ambos almost $100.00 more? He does offer drinks but that still doesn't make sense of the higher cost. I've booked through him in the past and was pleased with his services.

Does anyone know of a better offer to do this excursion? Has anyone done it through RCCL and what is your overall experience?

We will be there in 11/15. Thanks to all for their contributions and ideas.

I usually book private as I find the tours less expensive and smaller in people. We've been to St. Lucia several times and I thought this would be something new and interesting. No Zip lining interest! So RCCL offers the transportation and admission for $119.00 pp, Ambrose offers it for $175. pp. Booking direct for the tram is $80.00 pp. I've read some scary accounts from folks who used a taxi for $40.00 1-way.

So here's my question. Why is the ship offer the best price and Ambos almost $100.00 more? He does offer drinks but that still doesn't make sense of the higher cost. I've booked through him in the past and was pleased with his services.

Does anyone know of a better offer to do this excursion? Has anyone done it through RCCL and what is your overall experience?

We will be there in 11/15. Thanks to all for their contributions and ideas.

Where are you getting a $175us price for Spencer's Aerial tramride tour? His website shows $72us for the tour, it's 4.5 hours, include entrance and drinks, transportation is an additional $100 for up to three passengers. So basically worked out to $122pp for two (72+50), PR $106pp for three, etc..for four, price is slightly less, ie $103.25pp..

Yes, taxi ride to Babaneau is approx $40-45us one way for up to three passengers, four or more adds extra. Figure a minimum of $100 r/t for 4. That would be a very good price.

For what it's worth, Rainforest Adventures won't book cruise passengers independent of the tour operators. They contract with the cruise lines and operators for cruise ship passengers - you won't be able to book it on your own. I see nonreason not to go with Spencer if you've enjoyed his services in the past. Just don't know where you got that cost of $175pp from. U less you saw the $100 transportation fee as per person - it's not. It's for uo to three passengers..

You are a blessing reedprincess. I did see the transportation cost and added 100 dollars for each of us. I knew something wasn't right!!! I really didn't want to do it by ourselves and we are not fans of ship tours. So happy Spencer Ambros has this adventure. I'll post on our role call to see if anyone wants to join us to safe some dollars. Thank you for setting this old gal right!