Allure Oceanview Family Stateroom

My son, his wife and three children have booked the Family Oceanvie cabin. I was wondering if it has a sleeping alcove with bunk type beds for two (or three) children. Due to the cost concerns, they took a more cost effective cabin does not have a balcony. Anybody stay in a cabin like this have any information or pictures.

Thanks,

Edited by Cruise a holic

We haven't stayed in a family o.v. room, BUT, we did stay in a balcony family o.v. room., Great room, we loved it. When you walk in the room on the right there were two bunkbeds hid away behind a curtain, my kids loved it and there are two closets as well., the couch pulled out to make a bed. We had a curtain between the couch and the big bed. I would book this room again, it was really plenty of room. Hope this helps some, I'm assuming these rooms would be the same, just w/o the balcony, someone will let us know.

We haven't stayed in a family o.v. room, BUT, we did stay in a balcony family o.v. room., Great room, we loved it. When you walk in the room on the right there were two bunkbeds hid away behind a curtain, my kids loved it and there are two closets as well., the couch pulled out to make a bed. We had a curtain between the couch and the big bed. I would book this room again, it was really plenty of room. Hope this helps some, I'm assuming these rooms would be the same, just w/o the balcony, someone will let us know.

Thank you for the information, I believe that as you say the cabin is the same without the balcony. I think that the two bunk beds with work well for my 10 year old grandaughter and my 12 year old grandson. The six year old would probably sleep on the couch.

I am sure that they will enjoy the ship as it is the children's first cruise!

Thank you for the information, I believe that as you say the cabin is the same without the balcony. I think that the two bunk beds with work well for my 10 year old grandaughter and my 12 year old grandson. The six year old would probably sleep on the couch.

I am sure that they will enjoy the ship as it is the children's first cruise!

Oh, yes, that will work, but I bet after your 6 yr. old sees the bunkbeds, he/she will want to take turns :) they also have a light by the bed (over the pillow end) if that makes sense. They are gonna have a wonderful time :)

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed in room 11500 on the Allure. Great room, but the window is angled at 45 degrees. Every time I went to look out, I ran right into it. Lol. The bunk beds are right by the bathroom. The couch area has a curtain to close off the "bed" area. Huge room. They will have a blast. It was our first cruise and got us hooked.

What could you see from your room 11500? The deck plan says it's an obstructed view...

From looking at photos of the outside front of ship, it looks as though the helipad would prevent you from seeing any water below. Just curious.

I considered booking 11500, almost pulled the trigger, but ending up choosing 2 rooms across the hall from each other. For that particular date it was cheaper to get an inside & an outside -- that way we end up w/ 2 bathrooms.

What could you see from your room 11500? The deck plan says it's an obstructed view...

From looking at photos of the outside front of ship, it looks as though the helipad would prevent you from seeing any water below. Just curious.

I considered booking 11500, almost pulled the trigger, but ending up choosing 2 rooms across the hall from each other. For that particular date it was cheaper to get an inside & an outside -- that way we end up w/ 2 bathrooms.

Kids are too young to be across the hall and we wanted some natural cabin light. This worked out cheapest with the wow sale.

Thanks.