Solo traveler on celebrity constellation

Kamares dream

Hi everyone

I will be traveling solo for the first time on celebrity constellation in January of next year. I know that other cruise lines host meet ups for solo travelers but I'm not sure if they do this on constellation.

Any advice/ tips would be much appreciated.

Anna Maria

I have sailed solo twice on sister ship Millennium, once for 11 nights and once for 17 nights. I did not notice if there were scheduled solo meets, but would not have gone if there were. You meet people at meals, lounges, trivia. Most people are friendly and I never felt lonely. Be open to meeting people with a smile and you will have a great time

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I have been on quite a lot of cruises with my husband and have noticed that on a lot of ships they do a call out for solo travelers to meet and greet.

This will be my first solo cruise so I am a little apprehensive about it but as you say people on cruises are usually a friendly bunch so I'm sure I will be fine.

Thank again

Anna Maria

Hi everyone

I will be traveling solo for the first time on celebrity constellation in January of next year. I know that other cruise lines host meet ups for solo travelers but I'm not sure if they do this on constellation.

Any advice/ tips would be much appreciated.

Anna Maria

Hi! I always cruise solo and many done w/Celebrity and have NEVER had a problem meeting others- you will have a great time! Check w/the front desk, they usually have a big calendar or board w/the meetings listed. Or just ask when you board! I know the 1st night is hard for some due to travel. Also ask for a big table at dinner.....HAVE FUN:D

You can check out the dinner seating's the 1st night, talk to the maître de.

Might also be worth trying to set up some solo activities on your Cruise Critic roll call. For my transatlantic cruise this spring on Constellation, one wonderful woman on the roll call organized some solo meetups the first few days on board. She also had signup sheets at the Cruise Critic "meet and greet" for Tuscan Grille dinner for solos and for an MDR lunch, and called those who signed up and arranged it all.

I'm not that social, but I did go to one of her solo meetups and it was a fun way to meet some others to hang out with on the cruise.

You could be that wonderful organizer on your upcoming cruise. :)

I don't remember seeing an solo gatherings listed in the daily schedule.

Hi, I have been cruising Celebrity (solo) for about 13 years and don't

recall seeing any "single gatherings".....but you can look on the board

at Guest Relations...that is where they list any type of events.

Thanks all

Cjcruiser I will check the front desk out for solo gatherings,good tip as I wouldn't have thought about looking there, on other ships I have heard them announce solo meetings over the tannoy so will listen up for those as well. The cruise starts in Abu Dhabi and looking at the roll call for this cruise it seems a lot of people are flying in from the states & Australia it's a long journey so I expect the first night will be a little subdued. I am flying in from the uk so the flight time and time difference are not to bad.

I will probably eat in the buffet the first night and then ask to be seated at a table for eight for the rest of the cruise.

Thank again

Anna Maria

Sent from my iPad using Forums

on other ships I have heard them announce solo meetings over the tannoy so will listen up for those as well.

You will find there are very few announcements by the cruise director on Celebrity - it's one of their best points. I have seen a solo get-together for lunch on both Constellation and Infinity, but they were very laid-back and really not organized and only once per cruise.

Edited by saatuk

When I was on the Equinox TA , they tried and setup meets but it wasn't successful.

The Roll Call suggestion is good. I asked if any other solos would like to get together on embarkation night. (NCL) Had a great response.

When I cruise with X I always sign up for traditional dining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk