We just return from the NCL Sky 5/29 Cuba

Kstofflet

I did not ask for a hair dryer. I just wore a hat or let it dry naturally. Also, There are only two outlets available in the room. 1 near the tv and 1 in the bathroom for those looking to recharge cell phones, etc. Havana offers free wifi in many areas. However, you will need. To purchase a $4 wifi card. Folks sell them on the street for anyone interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NCL website states hair dryers in balcony rooms on Sky. Sometimes they are in a drawer? I haven't packed a dryer in decades. ugh OP did you ask room steward for one?

There were no drawers near the tv nor the bed. Maybe one would be supplied upon request. I did bother asking.we were in the room very little

On the last day, we went to great stirrup cay. Again, you have to go get tender tickets to get off. We arrived at the island at 11:00 and by the time our group was called it was near 1:00. They offer a full buffet on the island with tons of food starting at 1:00pm. Unfortunately, they only had 1 tender going to and from the ship which took forever to get on the island. Once we got there, it poured rain and everyone got soaked waiting for the one tender. f7bee34a8ff3e536f1e55126225ae025.jpg

The beach day ended up being a bust and we were all back to the ship by 3:00pm. I will say my guess for the average cruising age on our voyage was mid to upper 50's. There were very few young adults and hardly any children. I'm guessing due to the cost. I will say that we never had to wait to get a drink. It was very easy and the bars were never overcrowded. Not even the pool bar. We loved our trip to Cuba and we hope to get the opportunity to go back next year. Also, the disembarkation process was the very best we've ever had in 24+ cruises. Literally, we just walked off at 7:30am the next day. No lines at all. The port of Miami no longer requires the custom declaration form so that really sped up the process. We were in our car in less than ten minutes.

Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring any of the local beers (cans) back on board? Also, does anyone know if there are any Casa del Habanos (government cigar shops) within walking distance of the port?

Hi,

I loved your review and had two questions.

How many nights were you on the Sky, and where were you able to exchange currency?

We may be interested in this cruise if this President doesn't put the "kabosh" on it.

This was a 4 night cruise. Yes, you are able to exchange currency right after you go through immigration. I exchanged my US$ prior to leaving home and got euros. I exchanged the Euros for CUC when I was in Cuba. It is a MUCH cheaper

glad you had a great experience. I'm a little worried as we booked 4 cabins today for September and now reading all this stuff about possibility of not being able to go due to POTUS changes.

Need clarification on bottled water...is it included in all inclusive drinks? If no, what do they cost on board?

Bottled water is not included with the UBP

You can however log in on the NCL website for your cruise and included in the beverage plan options is the ability to pre-order bottled water to be available in your stateroom. It can be ordered in several different bottle amounts - to complete the order on line you will need to provide credit card information. If you prefer bottled water it is best to preorder - on our recent 14 day BA cruise they only had mineral water available for purchase the last two days due to high demand.

• 4 weeks later...