Drones

just4steven

I got some new toys to attach my GoPro to for some different angled pictures and film and I know I can fly with them on land based vacations but was wondering if anyone had any experience with them on a cruise.

I have a small boat, off road car and quad copter. I'll be on the Valor southern cruise out of San Juan. I do not plan on bringing the off road car but was thinking of the mini boat and quad copter. Would there be any countries that would have an issue with bringing these on and off the ship? Basically these are just remote control toys, so I guess "drone" is a little over kill, but once you attach your camera to it you get all sorts of people freaking out calling them drones :rolleyes:

I got some new toys to attach my GoPro to for some different angled pictures and film and I know I can fly with them on land based vacations but was wondering if anyone had any experience with them on a cruise.

I have a small boat, off road car and quad copter. I'll be on the Valor southern cruise out of San Juan. I do not plan on bringing the off road car but was thinking of the mini boat and quad copter. Would there be any countries that would have an issue with bringing these on and off the ship? Basically these are just remote control toys, so I guess "drone" is a little over kill, but once you attach your camera to it you get all sorts of people freaking out calling them drones :rolleyes:

Have you checked with the consulate of these countries or the US State Department? Probably will get much better answers there concerning this matter.

About a month or two ago I believe I saw someone ask on John Heald's forum what stance Carnival had and he said they are, in fact, prohibited. If found, it would be confiscated (referring to luggage screening, for the person that had asked him.)

Reckon they make rum runners for drones? If they find it stuffed up your shirt you could call it a personal cooling device? Just kidding...

You are probably better off leaving it at home.

Sorry...

About a month or two ago I believe I saw someone ask on John Heald's forum what stance Carnival had and he said they are, in fact, prohibited. If found, it would be confiscated (referring to luggage screening, for the person that had asked him.)

Reckon they make rum runners for drones? If they find it stuffed up your shirt you could call it a personal cooling device? Just kidding...

You are probably better off leaving it at home.

Sorry...

I was one of the individuals who asked John.

He did reply and yes he did say that these items are prohibited bt Carnival Cruiselines

Unfortunately, they are now on the prohibited items list. :(

• Any Radio Controlled Flying Instruments (Drone Cameras, Flying Toys, etc.)

We cruised with my husband's drone back in February, and there were no issues. (Long Beach, Mexican Riviera Cruise) But just saw it added to prohibited when we were starting to pack for our trip to Hawaii. :(

If taking your RC toys on commercial flights lithium batteries are prohibited from checked luggage. I've never had issue in the US but China (Shanghai Pudong) X-ray's your bags as you check them in and they immediately found the small Sony battery in my bag. It was no big deal other than the hassle factor of having to go to the baggage examination room and remove the battery from the bag. They even told me where to look :)