• 1 month later...
If nothing else, this is why:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Beautiful cinematography! Thanks for posting that. The irony is that the fog can obscure the view of the Golden Gate Bridge and the City for those on a cruise ship.

Beautiful cinematography! Thanks for posting that. The irony is that the fog can obscure the view of the Golden Gate Bridge and the City for those on a cruise ship.

We're fortunate to live on a hill with great SF Bay views and can see the July 4 fireworks of multiple cities - MAYBE.

• 2 weeks later...
If nothing else, this is why:

Amazing! You really don't see how much the coastal fog is actually alive when you're stuck in it! This gives one a completely different aspect of flowing layers of clouds.....looks like water flowing! Thanks for sharing this video!

Will be on the Crown Princess in October sailing in to our first port San Francisco. Are there occurrences of the marine fog in October? Plan to go up Telegraph Hill and Coit Tower for some scenic views.

Also, I understand that the new cruise terminal at Pier 27 will be operating by then?

Thanks again for the video link..........amazing!

Amazing! You really don't see how much the coastal fog is actually alive when you're stuck in it! This gives one a completely different aspect of flowing layers of clouds.....looks like water flowing! Thanks for sharing this video!

Will be on the Crown Princess in October sailing in to our first port San Francisco. Are there occurrences of the marine fog in October? Plan to go up Telegraph Hill and Coit Tower for some scenic views.

Also, I understand that the new cruise terminal at Pier 27 will be operating by then?

Thanks again for the video link..........amazing!

You can have fog at any time of the year in San Francisco, but the good news is that October (especially early October) can be some of the warmest weather of the year. Also, it is not unusual for the fog to burn off in the morning and then return in the late afternoon/evening so your chance of some nice views during the day is quite good.