Ft lauderdale hotel with shuttle & breakfast?

helene109

Hi looking at hotels for 2 nights flights are Chicago midway are awful. Are there hotels that offer shuttle, breakfast and something to do within walking distance we have to find transportation to get to Miami on that Saturday this is for a family of 4 thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi looking at hotels for 2 nights flights are Chicago midway are awful. Are there hotels that offer shuttle, breakfast and something to do within walking distance we have to find transportation to get to Miami on that Saturday this is for a family of 4 thanks

Helene...I thought we resolved this in your previous posts?

You need either an FLL airport area hotel with an airport shuttle or the Hampton Inn Plantation which has an FLL Airport Shuttle. Then you need to choose between a shared shuttle, taxi, private car or Uber to get you to the POM on Saturday.

I am sorry I posted again a lot going on

Let's start with transfers to POM...Shared shuttle is $15 per person ($60) total, which will only pick up at certain hotels at a set time of their choosing.

A taxi or a private car are going to be about $85-$95 and will pick you up wherever, whenever you choose.

I don't know for sure how much an Uber XL will be, but I'm guessing around $60.

Which would you like? Actually, we only need to know whether you want to do shared shuttle or not because that would limit our hotel options.

So you want to spend the two days precruise in Fort Lauderdale? Maybe look at Hyatt Place Convention Center. Book on Valuetrips.com for the best rates. I wouldn't stay at a hotel near the airport. Not for two days.

Or are you looking to go straight to Miami for the two days?

The Hampton Inn and Suites in Brickell ( downtown Miami) is a great location for a two day stay. Lots in walking or free metro to get around.

Free breakfast and shuttle from airport would be the Hyatt Place I mentioned.

Other hotels might have breakfast, like Embassy Suites, but no shuttle.

So that you don't end up somewhere you aren't thrilled with just for the included shuttle, know that a cab ride from FLL to the city is only a $15-20 cab (depending on hotel) and less for uber. There are lots of recs here. Choice depends on your time of travel and budget.

Both hotels I mentioned could hold all four of you.

Free breakfast and shuttle from airport would be the Hyatt Place I mentioned.

Other hotels might have breakfast, like Embassy Suites, but no shuttle.

So that you don't end up somewhere you aren't thrilled with just for the included shuttle, know that a cab ride from FLL to the city is only a $15-20 cab (depending on hotel) and less for uber. There are lots of recs here. Choice depends on your time of travel and budget.

Both hotels I mentioned could hold all four of you.

What shared shuttles pick up at the Hyatt Place?

Thanks for responding! I would probably just get a shuttle for our family and looking at a hotel with the features I mentioned above thanks again!

You do understand the concept of a shared shuttle is that you will be sharing it with 6, 8 or 10 strangers and you may have to stop at 2 or 3 different hotels to pick everyone up, correct? You do understand the shuttle company will dictate your pickup time and you will not be able to choose, right?

For the same cost I would rather take an Uber XL and have only your four family members in the vehicle to pick you up at the time you choose.

A hotel with a restaurant for dinner too! As we be coming in about that time thanks

Hyatt House has an evening reception/meal Monday through Thursday with complimentary wine and beer, so if you arrive at the hotel on Thursday before 7:30 you can have that as dinner. You will be on your own on Friday night, though.

They have a good breakfast, an airport shuttle and located across Stirling Road from Oakwood Plaza Mall with more than a dozen restaurants.

Each suite at the Hyatt House has a full kitchen which is nice for a family and the one and two BR suites have 2 full bathrooms as well as a living room with a pull out sofa sleeper.

We like the Hampton Inn Plantation. Breakfast is included and they have a shuttle. Lots of shopping and restaurants in walking distance. Reasonably priced. We stayed there last year and will be staying again in April. I found the best price directly thru their website.

We flew into FLL for a cruise out of Miami last year...we used a shuttle service and wouldn't do it again. Too many stops. Next time we will Uber.

Hyatt looks a little expensive I will have to see the price of embassy suites

You didn't mention dates. Or any kind of budget.

Winter into spring is peak and pricing can be double at all the hotels.. And Embassy is higher priced than some for sure.

And only book H.Pl. on valuetrips.com. Of course, there are blackout weekends during peak months to be aware of on Valuetrips.

To save hotel rates, you have to stay away from "stuff" to do. Rent a car if you choose that route or savings on the hotel will cost you uber/cab fares.

Sorry August 3rd and 4th

That is off peak and you can get the Hyatt Place for $109 or so on Valuetrips.com. That's a great price considering it's a large room for all of you, includes the shuttle from the airport and breakfast for four each day. You won't find anything in a better location for that rate in Fort Lauderdale. Trolley runs by to get you around town, and to the beach . Stores and casual restaurants within a 5-10 min. walk.

Altho Hyatt House is a nice choice for an airport hotel, for a two night stay without car, going in and out of Ft. Lauderdale for activity adds expense.

How so? Please explain?

Other than the Water Taxi, what activities are there on 17th Street?

I will have to look at that site their website says $190 do happen to know the address thanks

If you go to http://valuetrips.com there is the Hyatt Place on 10th St. Price is listed for different seasonal dates. Yours is $109. You can place the reservation and value trips will confirm booking within a few days. It is a reliable site and used by lots of cruisers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...