Champagne Catamaran Magical Escape and Dunn's River

trudisneylover2

Thank you so much for taking the time for me!! I was looking for a little more and for some reason I can't find this particular excursion on trip advisor (maybe I'm missing it) but have looked a couple of times. :( It's a lot of money and I have children with me so wanted to see if its appropriate for them too. Thank you again!!

Thank you so much for taking the time for me!! I was looking for a little more and for some reason I can't find this particular excursion on trip advisor (maybe I'm missing it) but have looked a couple of times. :( It's a lot of money and I have children with me so wanted to see if its appropriate for them too. Thank you again!!

Read the description carefully. From my read, I thought the catamaran ride is via sail only, no motor. Also bus drive one way. We always read the descriptions carefully especially after a train ride on a 7 hour tour in Naniamo. Major pull was the train ride, but it only lasted 35 minutes! The rest was a long bus drive to and from, and a short tour of a wood factory. On that tour, we'd been promised a snack, that ended up rivaling some lunches we've had. So much better than the other way around, a lunch that is more like a snack. I bring this up because I want to see what description they give their lunches in their excursion description.

While Dunn River Falls is beautiful, it's a major tourist trap!

W'ere glad we chose to walk the path, and a man offered to take a photo of us by the falls. While the photo was o.k., his requesting a tip was not. We heard if we'd refused to give him a tip, he would have called security. On the way back to the bus, we made the mistake of going through the straw market. They called it crafts when we visited. A man handed us a "gift" then demanded a tip. The Jamaicans are even pushier than the people in Cozumel! We handed it back. We heard one of the people on the bus saying that they took back the rented water shoes, put them in a plastic bag w/o cleaning them!

Our guide had us stop for bathroom breaks several times on the way there and back. And the 15 minutes stop would stretch into 45 minutes. As it turned out, our five hour excursion stretched to nine hours. Since it was a ship excursion, they held the ship for us. But we heard them pull up the gangplank while waiting for our elevator.

With all this in mind, we'll never book a tour in Jamaica that isn't a ship tour.

Edited by knittinggirl

Thank you for your advice!! I did see that there is a bus ride too, but what I've read on hear the bus ride isn't too bad. It sounds like you did not have a good experience... That really stinks. I will book through Royal because I would be nervous about any complications with a bus and a catamaran. I've also heard about the tourist trap, would we be able to ignore them?? I was also looking at the white water rafting but the reviews have been mixed. Also, we have a large group going so there would be a few of on this excursion. [emoji3]

Thank you for your advice!! I did see that there is a bus ride too, but what I've read on hear the bus ride isn't too bad. It sounds like you did not have a good experience... That really stinks. I will book through Royal because I would be nervous about any complications with a bus and a catamaran. I've also heard about the tourist trap, would we be able to ignore them?? I was also looking at the white water rafting but the reviews have been mixed. Also, we have a large group going so there would be a few of on this excursion. [emoji3]

Once we gave the "gift" back, we walked the rest of the way out of the straw market w/o any further incidents. I think if we were to visit again, I would stuff my hands in my pockets so they can't hand me stuff I don't want. I wanted to get postcards, and I did find them. The Jamaica Blue MOuntain coffee is in a stall separate from the market, and we picked up some coffee there. But these days, you can buy their coffee in the shops right off the ship.

The falls ARE beautiful. Would be even prettier w/o all the people marring the view. But they help give it a size perspective for your photography. They suggest you wear your swimsuit under your clothes. But I didn't want to sit in a wet suit for the two hour ride back. We did this excursion out of Montego Bay.

If you do this excursion, I'd love to read your review!

I am thinking of booking this excursion also but am hesitant because I can't find any reviews of it! I don't want to be stuck on a bus for most of the tour time! I even called RC, but the rep. couldn't find an estimation of the time on the bus either!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...