Need Some Expert Help on Beach Meandering

KayKayKay

Hello. I will be traveling with my seven year old twins. We are just starting to get into seaglass collecting but basically love meandering on the beach and doing some near shore snorkeling. I'm sure we won't even need loungers as the kids are go go go.

I've read that Kimsha Beach, the beach in front of Karakter & Mary's Boon (Simpson Bay) and the area in front of Coral Breeze (Burgeaux Bay) may have some seaglass. Can anyone confirm?

Also, we want to go to Maho Beach and see the planes land.

What's the best plan of attack? We don't want to spend a ton of money on taxis but some money is fine. I think realistically we can walk from Mary's Boon to Maho Beach and then back to Burgeaux Bay but we've never been there so maybe that is just crazy. (Obviously we would have missed Kimsha Beach.)

We are in port from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. on a Saturday and we (okay, one of the twins) is a very early riser. We will be ready to go first thing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello. I will be traveling with my seven year old twins. We are just starting to get into seaglass collecting but basically love meandering on the beach and doing some near shore snorkeling. I'm sure we won't even need loungers as the kids are go go go.

I've read that Kimsha Beach, the beach in front of Karakter & Mary's Boon (Simpson Bay) and the area in front of Coral Breeze (Burgeaux Bay) may have some seaglass. Can anyone confirm?

Also, we want to go to Maho Beach and see the planes land.

What's the best plan of attack? We don't want to spend a ton of money on taxis but some money is fine. I think realistically we can walk from Mary's Boon to Maho Beach and then back to Burgeaux Bay but we've never been there so maybe that is just crazy. (Obviously we would have missed Kimsha Beach.)

We are in port from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. on a Saturday and we (okay, one of the twins) is a very early riser. We will be ready to go first thing!

I'm not sure about where you can find the most Seaglass but I can help you out I think.

Stay with me for a minute because it's complicated!:)

Kimsha beach is in the Simpson Bay area but it is not that close to Simpson Bay Beach which is the beach where Karakter and Mary's Boon are. Kimsha beach is on one side of the Simpson Bay bridge and Simpson Bay beach is on the other side. It would be about a 30 minute walk between these two beaches and it's not that straight forward.

I have walked from Karakter beach to Maho in 30 minutes. 15 was on the beach and 15 through the Beacon Hill neighbourhood.

I believe that Burgeaux Bay is the area between Simpson Bay beach and Maho beach. You can not walk along the shore here between the 2 beaches. There are lots of rocks and in some areas the water pretty much goes right up to the houses. This is not a place that I would have brought my twins to when they were 7. Many people fish here and there are lots of sea urchins and when I was there no beach was in sight.

None of these beaches: Kimsha, Simpson bay beach or Maho are good for snorkeling.

Hopefully I haven't confused you further.:)

Edited by Karysa