Hotel(with parking) in New Orleans

Cruisin Christi

I had someone on here tell me they stayed at a hotel in Riverview mall right across from the port, but she couldn't remember the name..she also didn't mention if the hotel had a parking option or shuttle to port.

I am looking for a hotel that does offer parking and shuttle and maybe pretty close to french quarter. My husband, myself, sis in law and bro in law are going down a day early and would like the option of exploring a little.

If anyone has any info or has stayed some place that was just awesome and reasonably priced(with parking and shuttle) please let me know.

Also if you didn't have parking and shuttle, where did you park? Does the terminal have a parking option? I read there are porter's everywhere around the terminal, that is very nice.

I am more familiar with Galveston, since I live in TX. I have never cruised but my parents have several times out of Galveston so I know the more popular places to park there. I have also driven by the terminal so I know what to expect there. I am still pretty ticked off we are driving 7 hours out of our way when we have a port so close to home. DH had to go to NOLA, LOL...oh well we should have fun anyway.

(oops, sorry to blab on)

Hello,

I stayed at the hampton inn on 12/27 which is directly across from the ship. They provide a shuttle to the ship because you have to go around the convention center. They also provide shuttle back when you return. I used aaa and got a huge suite the night before and a week of parking for 134.00. A taxi ride to bourbon st. Was 6.50 each way. Great time!

Hello,

I stayed at the hampton inn on 12/27 which is directly across from the ship. They provide a shuttle to the ship because you have to go around the convention center. They also provide shuttle back when you return. I used aaa and got a huge suite the night before and a week of parking for 134.00. A taxi ride to bourbon st. Was 6.50 each way. Great time!

That sounds like exactly what we want. We would like to share a room with our in laws, but would like a 2 room suite, not sure Hampton offers that but 2 rooms shouldn't be very expensive either. Thank you for the information, I am gonna pass this on to the DH who holds the credit cards (I'd book right now if I had plastic in my purse..maybe that's why I don't hold the cards:rolleyes:).

Holiday Inn Superdome has a $99 special, but we had to wait until closer to the cruise before we could get it at that price. Nothing extra for parking. Shuttle one way. They say NO shuttles are allowed in the port area for pick up. If they try to stop and pick someone up a taxi driver will call in and report them.

I hear its against the rules at the port for a shuttle to pick you up. I too was there late Dec... before they used to say walk out to the main street and we will pick you up there, but they said they got caught and dont do that any more. Taxi back.

Drury has a cruising special, but charges $35 for parking during your cruise. I parked there 9 days, (4 and 5 day B2B). Its my favorite, but with the parking charge not as cheap as Holiday Inn.

I am going to give all the options to DH and call sis in law and we will make a group decision as to where to stay. I know we want to go to Bourbon Street, so they may decide to stay down there in that area and take a taxi if we can get a hotel in that area that provides parking. We are driving from East TX.

Drury Inn is a really nice place to stay, you walk a few blocks and you are in the French Quarter with all the activity at night. In fact, close walk to just about everywhere. We stayed there last June and we be there again this June. Two room suite 129.00 plus tax and about 35.00 to park you car for the week. My son drove us with luggage to the pier, dropped us off then took the car back to leave at the hotel and caught a cab back to the port (7.00). We waited at the baggage area for him. It is a really good location. Most people staying overnight want to go down to the french quarter and if you stay farther away (closer) to port your going to pay the differnce in taxi fair getting there. I highly recommend it, really nice. And, at night they have three free drinks and food for those staying. Free breakfast the next morning. You can look it up at Drury.com

Drury Inn is a really nice place to stay, you walk a few blocks and you are in the French Quarter with all the activity at night. In fact, close walk to just about everywhere. We stayed there last June and we be there again this June. Two room suite 129.00 plus tax and about 35.00 to park you car for the week. My son drove us with luggage to the pier, dropped us off then took the car back to leave at the hotel and caught a cab back to the port (7.00). We waited at the baggage area for him. It is a really good location. Most people staying overnight want to go down to the french quarter and if you stay farther away (closer) to port your going to pay the differnce in taxi fair getting there. I highly recommend it, really nice. And, at night they have three free drinks and food for those staying. Free breakfast the next morning. You can look it up at Drury.com

Thank you so much! We will look into it for sure!

Archived