Wine Country Cruises for 2015 - Which Line does this

• 4 weeks later...
I certainly could use your help if you know which lines do the cruises along the CA coastline focusing on the Wine Country tours. If you do, what ships are aligned for that? Thanks so much!!

Princess has repo cruises dubbed "Wine Coastals" from Vancouver to LA in the fall and reversed in the spring. I took it a couple of years ago and here is a list of it's ports.

Victoria

With the heavy rain, we decided to skip Victoria as we have been there many times. Many people that we spoke to went to Buchart Gardens and were very impressed. The inner harbour, Royal BC museum, and parliment buildings are our usual haunts.

Seattle

We walked 5 minutes to the Magnolia Bridge and took the $2 bus #24 westbound to the $17 underground tour. We asked for a transfer which was good for 2.5 hours. After the underground tour we walked to the wharf area and ate at Ivar's. From there it was a short walk to Pikes Place market to watch the fish tossing. As we've been to the market before, we used our transfers on the #24 eastbound to Seattle center and went to the $19 Chihully Gardens. There was a dual Space Needle and Chihully pass for a little more. We then took the #24 eastbound back to the bridge stop.

A trip to Chateau St. Michelle would be great for those cruisers that want to focus on wine. Also in the area is what seems like an endless amount of tasting rooms of Washington wine makers.

Astoria

We were scheduled to tender at Astora but the seas were too rough. Astoria only has one pier and the Celebrity Century was scheduled for it. We had visited Astoria on two other occassions. Oregon's Pinot Noir is of high quality and it's possible to visit the Willamette Valley but it may make for a long day. There is a nice tasting room along the main road as well as other attractions within a 30 minute walk.

San Francisco

With the government shutdown, Alcatraz and Muirwoods was closed for tours. We took the $2 F Market bus to Union Square and Chinatown. From Chinatown you can catch the cable car back to the Fisherman's Wharf area if you wish. We spent the rest of our visit around the wharf area. On previous visits we apent time in Sonoma and Napa valleys doing tastings and it was fantastic.

Santa Barbara

We took the $.50 shuttle ($.25 if you're 62+) to the top of State St. and took the $1.75 #11 bus to Pueblo St. and walked the 4 blocks to the Old Mission. We then walked around the block to the Museum of Natural Science. It reminded me of those old museums I used to visit with my school as the displays were mainly taxidermy. We headed back to town and spent some time tasting on the "Urban Wine Trail". As the shuttles were packed with cruisers, we walked back to the ship. If you want to take the shuttle back to the ship, catch it on it's way up State St. as it will be full coming down State St..