Transfer to the New reservations service

Just received our new replacement booking confirmation for our Feb 2016 btb cruise. I think its not so easy to read as the old one's its 19 pages? with both 7 day cruises shown separately it also has printed on the pages that transfers are NOT included but then on page 4 says we should ignore that as they are included, every thing else looks ok but with the new booking ref, which is different from the first, I could not access the Thomson 'find your booking' site.

I am certain it will all work out in the end:rolleyes:

Just received our new replacement booking confirmation for our Feb 2016 btb cruise. I think its not so easy to read as the old one's its 19 pages? with both 7 day cruises shown separately it also has printed on the pages that transfers are NOT included but then on page 4 says we should ignore that as they are included, every thing else looks ok but with the new booking ref, which is different from the first, I could not access the Thomson 'find your booking' site.

Unfortunately rather typical of Thomson. We used to get travel info on luggage allowance which was relevant to their package holidays. I resorted to tearing the page out of the cruise brochure with the correct allocation to present at check-in if there was a problem after standing behind a woman who was told categorically she was over the limit. She was not! I'd have made a bigger fuss and definitely wouldn't have tried repackaging bags or consider paying xs.

This really saddens me that they can't present a more joined-up admin service. Once you've checked in the rest works like clock-work! In fact for transfers, ship to airport arrangements etc. they provide the best service we've had!

Compare the admin though with a high street TA who we'd never dealt with before and I only went in for a price check on a P&O sailing and when asked if we'd travelled with them before on a minimal amount of info (name and address) the T. A. was able to access the P&O site, quote our reference number, tell me our loyalty benefits (after two cruises) and offer a price with a P&O discount (plus another T. A. one!) Talk about putting Thomson in the shade. They let themselves down and it seems from your experience Pensioncruiser that sadly the new system isn't very customer friendly either! :rolleyes:

Edited by kruzseeka

I've known about their new paperwork since beginning of March.:eek:

In mid-February I changed our booking for April 2016 from Gatwick to Birmingham for our Transatlantic crossing. After numerous phone calls (just waiting for the phone bill to come:eek:) to get a replacement invoice and ABTA certificate took forever.

When the paperwork arrived they had decided we were no longer ABTA protected, no drinks package, no diabetic meal on flight, no transport, our telephone number was theirs, and our address was incorrect.:eek: It took another two lots of paperwork before it was sorted out.

The new paperwork, as Pensioncruiser has said, is not easy to read and is broken up in sections with parts of the booking not even mentioned which, according to Thomson when I phoned, are all ok as they are on their system. Fat lot of good that is to the customer.

Yes I think once on board things work great, except when they changed to print your own boarding cards. They have printed the correct luggage allowance on the new system so that should eradicate one of the problems. Don't know if we will receive changes for our cruises booked for this year😁

If you have booked it as part of a Fly Cruise with Thomson then transfers are included, and it'll run like clockwork when you get to the airport!

Also, the Manage my Booking (Also known as MyThomson Cruise etc.) is only good for sailings up until 31st October this year. Apparently, for cruise after this date, something will appear in the next couple of months!

Thank you BaggersCruisings that's reassuring that both my cruises this year will not change. I do fully understand about the transfers, what I was attempting to say was that Thomson once again had introduced a new system which was not working correctly i.e. they say transfers are not included then say ignore what we have said they are.

Also the manage my booking & My Thomson cruise are defiantly two different sites you do, and always have had, to put a different booking ref in, one was the 0000/00000 No's the other was 0000000 No's which has now changed to 00000 I know very confusing but ha ho we love Thomson for what they do right and put up with what they do wrong;)