Solo Travelers Get Together on Non-Studio Ships?

I'm reviewing the Dailies (thank you, KeithJenner!) from the Jade's Adriatic itinerary and noticed there's a Solo Travelers Get Together. In your experience, are the solo travelers folks of all ages or do they tend to be a younger crowd? I just don't want to walk in and find that everyone there is young enough to be my children (I'm 56). I know, I know, you have no way of knowing the ages of the solo cruisers on my specific sailing, I'm simply asking what your experience has been. :o

thanks!

Every sailing is different. Join your roll call (or lurk there & read everything like I do) - that might be a good sample of what the ages of people on your sailing will be.

I've joined and it's the quietest, most inactive roll call I've ever seen! I have no idea the ages of the few people who've posted on it. I'm used to really active roll calls, so this is a new experience for me! :o

I've joined and it's the quietest, most inactive roll call I've ever seen! I have no idea the ages of the few people who've posted on it. I'm used to really active roll calls, so this is a new experience for me! :o

That might be a sign that your ship will be filled with really old people who don't use computers. :D

I agree, if you have not yet, please join the Roll Call for your cruise. Great way to talk with those on your cruise prior to leaving home. Might someone in a similar position as you.

The Roll Call for my cruise in January on The Dawn is very quiet at the moment too. I think you will like The Jade. I have a couple friends on board as staff and they like Her a lot, very Hawaiian in decor. I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

The Roll Call for my cruise in January on The Dawn is very quiet at the moment too. I think you will like The Jade. I have a couple friends on board as staff and they like Her a lot, very Hawaiian in decor. I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you. It's my first NCL cruise and I'm looking forward to experiencing it. :D

I'm surprised my roll call is so quiet. We're 40 days out, you'd think we'd be chatting it up!

I was solo on the Sun in January 2014. I went to the first solo gathering, and there were 5 of us, I believe. The youngest was a mid-20s grad student sailing with her mother, and the rest of us were 40/50/60ish. I met up with some of them later in the cruise, but I found a really good group of people through the Roll Call. Some people had arranged private excursions, and we hit it off well. We even won the Quest near the end of the cruise!

Delawarealan

Thank you. It's my first NCL cruise and I'm looking forward to experiencing it. :D

I'm surprised my roll call is so quiet. We're 40 days out, you'd think we'd be chatting it up!

We are cruising on the Pearl in September to Alaska, the roll call was very quiet until about the 4 week mark, now it's jumping. Hopefully the others will catch up soon.

The Jade roll calls seem to be very quiet (there were just 5 of us from two families at our meet and greet, and no M&G the other week).

One reason for that is because a lot of the people onboard are European, who don't use Cruise Critic as much.

We had a lot of families (not likely to be as relevant outside school holidays), but probably the average age was higher than other cruises we've done (Epic for example).

As for the solo gatherings, I've done one cruise as a solo (a Transatlantic) and there was a huge range of ages (from early 20s to 70s). I was probably about the average (I'm in my early 40s).

On the Jade I'd guess you could have just about any age. I'm sure you will find others your age.

I was solo on the Sun in January 2014. I went to the first solo gathering, and there were 5 of us, I believe. The youngest was a mid-20s grad student sailing with her mother, and the rest of us were 40/50/60ish. I met up with some of them later in the cruise, but I found a really good group of people through the Roll Call. Some people had arranged private excursions, and we hit it off well. We even won the Quest near the end of the cruise!

Delawarealan

That's encouraging!

I'm used to arranging private excursions with roll calls or at least talking prior to the cruise and arranging a meet and greet. Our roll call last year for our Baltic cruise was very robust and I'm still in contact with some of the people from that one (and my last Alaska cruise, too). I'm not really looking for people to hang out with as I'm very comfortable doing things on my own, but I thought it'd be nice to attend the gathering if I'm not the granny in the room. LOL.

We are cruising on the Pearl in September to Alaska, the roll call was very quiet until about the 4 week mark, now it's jumping. Hopefully the others will catch up soon.

We'll see if mine picks up. :) I hope so!

The Jade roll calls seem to be very quiet (there were just 5 of us from two families at our meet and greet, and no M&G the other week).

One reason for that is because a lot of the people onboard are European, who don't use Cruise Critic as much.

We had a lot of families (not likely to be as relevant outside school holidays), but probably the average age was higher than other cruises we've done (Epic for example).

As for the solo gatherings, I've done one cruise as a solo (a Transatlantic) and there was a huge range of ages (from early 20s to 70s). I was probably about the average (I'm in my early 40s).

On the Jade I'd guess you could have just about any age. I'm sure you will find others your age.

Thanks for the feedback, Keith. It does make sense it'll be a more European crowd since she sails from Venice. There are a few Europeans on out roll call, but we don't have a M&G arranged, so likely won't meet them. That's actually not a huge deal--I don't cruise to meet people. I think I'm just feeling a little uncertain since this is my first solo cruise. I actually suspect I'll be doing a lot more solo cruising in the future!

I've enjoyed reading your review and really appreciate your posting the Dailies--that's why I even know there's a solo gathering. :D It's nice to have an idea of what to expect before I board since NCL is new to me.

Thanks!