Labadee, Haiti Zipline?

Scoobs9

Just wondering if anyone has done a recent trip (other threads list trips from 2007-2009) to Labadee and tried the zipline? We will be there in March 2015 and would like to try it. How long is the ride, cost, safety?

Thanks for any information!

Labadee is a private beach that belongs to RCI, everybody who works there, works for RCI, so are the safety regulations the same as on bord.

So the safety is the same as for example the safety on the climbing wall on bord. I was there in 2010 and I can remember that I booked it like a

Shore Excursion on bord. (it's around 90 USD)

See here for all the other question you had about it:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=ZL26&DestinationCode=CARIB

The current price for Zip lining in Labadee is $96. I've seen many people doing it and enjoying the ride.

OVERVIEW

Unleash your sense of adventure as you soar down the side of a mountain attached to a 2,600-foot long flight line. After a flight briefing and orientation, test your mettle on the shorter "Little Dragon" flight line. Then, experience a short drive to the take-off point, which is 500 feet above the beaches of Labadee, Haiti. Your flight will literally sweep you off your feet before you land at Dragon's Breath Rock where your adventure began.

We wouldn't do it again. It was almost two hours out of our day and 90.00 for about a 45 second ride. If it could be done in 30-45 minutes for half the cost I'd do it again.

To sum it up: WAIT to sign in. WAIT to get a harness. WAIT to do the practice run. WAIT to drive up the hill. WAIT at the top for your turn. 45 second ride.

Yes it was kind of cool, but just not worth the time or money in our opinion.

Others have done it and love it, we just weren't that impressed.