Ocean Beach VIP

cask2393

Hey everyone!

While looking for excursions we found a new AI in Cozumel called OceanVIP. I haven't heard much about it so I was wondering, has anyone been to this resort? http://Www.oceanbeachcozumel.com

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't visited and don't know what the current situation is with this beach club. If you do further search you will discover it is not NEW, just changed management, several times over the years! It is based at a condominium site which as far as I know that has never been completed. Several years ago there were multiple reviews on here, initially good, then some teething problems, then improved and since then I haven't read much about them for a long time.

I just did a quick Google on Tripadvisor for Ocean Bar and Grill Beach Club and the recent reviews are not very good.Tripadvisor actually says "closed" so it is difficult to tell if it is under new management, or not operational at the moment. Although it still seems to be listed under one of the broker sites.

It is one of those places that seems to have potential but never quite seems to have made it on Cozumel.

We've been to the Ocean VIP Beach twice in the last 2 years, so I don't know how the situation was before that.

When we were there, the beach club was nice, great food and excellent service. They did a lot of improvements and they do have quite a lot of people, which is a good sign.

It is not a beach to relax and read a book, that is for sure. There is music, games, activities, vendors, etc...it is more of a fun and active place, this is why we went back.

I would go back that is for sure :)