Private Airport transfers to harwich

juliewill

Any recent cruises had success with a private transfer from stansted (or any airport really) to harwich. I am thinking about harwich taxis which is 130£ each way for our family of 5 with lots of luggage. We have small,kids one with a broken arm so the train is not an option. I have found plenty of websites but there are sooooo many choices, I am looking for so,rome with recent experience to help me out, so I don't get taken for $500 round trip expense.;). Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it.

Harwich from Heathrow is 113 miles, excluding delays about 2 hrs

Southampton from Heathrow is 65 miles, excluding delays something over an hour.

Cheapest rate for a standard sedan to Southampton is about £85.

Ergo £130 is about the mark for Harwich. For a standard sedan. And cars based at the ports, such as Harwich taxis, are usually better value than those based at airports.

Stansted is much closer to Harwich, under an hour. So would be around the same price as Heathrow to Southampton.

But other than the occasional charter I don't think there are any trans-Atlantics to Stansted.

Most convenient (best make that "least inconvenient" ;)) trans-Atlantic airports for Harwich are London Heathrow or London Gatwick - virtually identical mileages & journey times, but going round opposite sides of London.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

We are flying into stansted b/c we are currently living in germany (military) and got a Ryan air flight. B/c our kids are little we have a stroller and additional stuff so the standard 5 person vehicles don't fit car seats baby gear and luggage for a family of 5. Thanks for all the help, right now harwich taxi looks like my best bet, I was just hoping someone could give me a warm fuzzy. We arrive the day before the cruise and are staying at a holt near the airport so we should have plenty of time, however it works out. Thanks everyone.

We are flying into stansted b/c we are currently living in germany (military) and got a Ryan air flight. B/c our kids are little we have a stroller and additional stuff so the standard 5 person vehicles don't fit car seats baby gear and luggage for a family of 5. Thanks for all the help, right now harwich taxi looks like my best bet, I was just hoping someone could give me a warm fuzzy. We arrive the day before the cruise and are staying at a holt near the airport so we should have plenty of time, however it works out. Thanks everyone.

Ooops, mis-read your OP, Heathrow in my head.:rolleyes:

Yes, £130 sounds a lot from Stansted, though I guess it depends on the vehicle.

JB :)