Live from the Legend

cbabe

Good Morning Everyone,

The Legendary Ladies and Gentlemen have taken the Legend!

MrPete - The waterslide is closed!

We are encountering very rough seas, as it seems we are sailing through a storm. Lots of people aren't feeling well and are in their cabins. Other than that, The Legend is a great ship! I'll update this thread in a day or two.

Any questions? post em!

Thanks for the update. You better hold on tight though. The rough seas you are encountering are due to a Nor'easter off the coast of Virginia and North Carolina. It is supposed to be fast moving so things should be getting better for you as the day moves on.

MrPete - The waterslide is closed!

DARN! See if you can find out why!

Hope that storm moves quickly for you! Watched you sail out from the ESB camera. Too bad I didn't save any screen shots. I see you left later that the scheduled 4:00 PM. Any reason?

It was amazing as you sailed past ground zero. It was a pretty sight seeing the fantail amongst the buildings.

Keep us posted!

Oh no another storm. Is it raining or what. We are due to sail in three weeks. Hope it is out of it's system by then.

Let us know how long it was rough and raining, okay?

thank you for taking the time to post while you are on vacation...we all appreciate it...especially those who are sailing right after you. Like me :D

I hope the weather gets better for you, With 4 days at sea, at least one of them should be nice to lay out!

Thanks again!!!! Enjoy your trip :D

Thanks so much for posting!! You help us live until our cruise. Do you have any information about the poker room. Do they run tornaments? What are the stakes or buyin, etc..

Thanks - I hope the seas start to calm down for you.

Oh my!

I was just watching the weather channel. This NEster looks like a swirling hurricane. The captain would have had to sail out pretty far to miss it. Hope you all are though it, or at least close to the end of it, and the seas calm down!

At least they continue to say it is rare for these to occur this late in the season.

On a selfish side, it looks like it's going to miss us here in NY, maybe clip LI. :eek:

Re: the waterslide - When we boarded and recieved our capers, there was an informational message that the waterslide would be closed for the duration of our cruise. Since the weather has been very rocky for the last day, no one has been able to get out on deck(They closed it off). So I haven't had the opportunity to find out why the waterslide is closed. If today is better, I'll try to find out.

The weather yesterday was very very rocky. The ship was pitching and rocking pretty badly at several points to the degree where articles on the table in my cabin went flying. There were a lot of seasick people (including DH) in the morning. As the day went on, you gradually started seeing more people. By the end of the day, although we couldn't go out on deck, you saw numerous people walking around, enjoying the various activities.

So far, we are in day 2 at sea, it is partially cloudy and I am hoping at somepoint it will get warm enough to get some deck time in.

I didn't notice the fact that we left late, we got on board, had our buffet lunch, roamed the ship, went to muster drill. We departed shortly after that.

I'll check back in tomorrow with any info I have.

Have a great day!

Vivian....

Have you met Laura? Did you have a full fledged meet and greet?

And which days are your anniversary and husbands birthday, and I hope neither one was dunring your rocking and a rolling! Any special plans?

If you happen to make it up to the Lido deck aft pool (the unicorn bar) tell Nikki we said hi. She only has 1 more cruise after yours on her last contract and she is great. We didn't need our card with her as we were her regular customers. Tell her 4058 from last cruise said hi. Enjoy the rest of your trip as the weather should improve rapidly from here on.

About the waterslide, I didn't see it opened at all during our cruise last week and the weather was gorgeous. I did hear some people talking about a possible legal issue as being the cause.

Have a safe trip and try to grab Godfrey for a tour in St Thomas as you will not regret it. He will be at the pier and has Godfrey tours on the side of his truck.

try to grab Godfrey for a tour in St Thomas as you will not regret it. He will be at the pier and has Godfrey tours on the side of his truck.

I have him booked for next Tuesday. Did he take you to your beach of choice?

Yes he did, I think your choices are Coki, Megans Bay, and Sapphire. We chose Coki and it was unbelievably crystal clear.

Hey Mr. Pete -

Are you going to post a "live" report from your cruise too? These are pretty cool to read, especially with the anticipation of being on the ship soon. We still have a few more weeks, but these posts really keep me going. I'm thinking about doing a live posting too.

cbabe066 - I hope the weather gets better for you guys! What a bummer to run into a "rare" weather occurrence on your cruise. I hope there aren't too many 1st-time cruisers that get a negative opinion of cruising due to the freak weather. Be sure to check in again - we worry about y'all out there in the storms!

Maria

Hey Mr. Pete -

Are you going to post a "live" report from your cruise too?

I wasn't planning on it, but I won't say no. The weather would have to be real bad, and I would have to had done everything to find myself at a PC on a ship.

But one never knows.....

I wasn't planning on it, but I won't say no. The weather would have to be real bad, and I would have to had done everything to find myself at a PC on a ship.

But one never knows.....

I understand completely - but you will post a review when you get back, won't you???

VIVIAN..NANCY....HI!!! It's Cynthia (CFG)

I didn't realize you guys were posting here. I just happened to come across it. You should have posted at our board so I would have known. Shame on you..did you forget about me already??:(

How are you guys? I can't believe the rocky ride you are having, I hope it gets better really soon!

How was the Legendary Ladies get together???? How is everyone? Tell everyone I said hello and I MISS YOU ALL!!!! The boards have been very lonely with out you guys! I am thinking about you guys all the time. I keep saying to my DH.."I wonder if the Muster Drill is over, they are probably at their get together right now".. "They have probably just finished dinner"..etc. He is sick of hearing it & he said I should have just went by myself!! LOL:D

Tell all the moms I said Happy Mother's Day and tell Mary Margaret that her long lost little brother, Andrew said Happy Birthday! :p

Miss you!

XOXO

I LOVE these "live from" threads as well! I was thinking about doing one from the Triumph when I last sailed....I usually don't 'do" the computer while on vacation but was buying time to keep in touch with my kids that were not with me via email. My DD however missed her friends at home so much after a couple of days I let her use most of the time for that ;)

I hope that the weather has turned around for you! We never got any of the Noreaster stuff they thought we were going to get here in CT so I am thinking that you fared ok as you sailed down.

I like to follow all these "live from" threads and am particularly interested in this one as I am thinking about doing a Legend sailing solo this year.

ENJOY!!!!!

Hi All,

CFG - No we didn't forget about you, I was going to do a nice long one for you when we got back.

I don't have anymore info on the waterslide yet.

Let's see, no I wasn't scared, but I can't speak for other people. We had a lot of waves and rain during the storm.

We arrive in SJ today, It just stopped raining and the sun is out, so hopefully this will be a very nice day.

The internet on board is the pits, I've lost this post 2x already.

I normally email my mom daily while crusing, so I thought I'd do a "Live" thread.

Till later,

Archived