Labadee

SEAGAL28

Hi,

Once you get off the ship there are wheelchairs to take you along the jetty and to the beach, they are the ones with big balloon tyres that go easily over sand.

I can't remember if there are other forms of transportation, but in the back of my mind I think there are.

Pete

there a tram or golf cart to take to get the area on Labadee? I do not use a wc but have pulmonary issues and can not walk long distances in the humidity, thank you!!

There is a tram once you actually get into gated area of Labadee. The pier to the entrance of Labadee is quite long and I've never actually saw the tram pickup or drop off passengers directly at the ships gangway. There are a few stops along the path.

The wheelchairs that were mentioned in the previous post are beach wheelchairs . Once you get off the tram you can than transfer to a beach wheelchair if you want . The tram stops have a canopy and benches while you wait.

• 3 weeks later...

Last March when I was there were no wheelchairs, trams, golf carts and or beach wheelchairs that took you from the ship's gangway to just inside the entrance of Labadee. The pier is very long. Lucky for me I had a mobility scooter. Personally Labadee is a good reason to rent a mobility scooter prior to the cruise as you're not having to wait to be taken everywhere.

Once inside the entrance to Labadee there is a canapé area with benches to the right where you can wait for the tram to take you a limited number of areas on the island such as a food venue, the shopping market or to the area where the zip-line and other activities are. The tram does not go to the beach. There will also be RCCL crew with beach wheelchairs to take you to the beach where you can transfer into a lounge chair. The beach wheelchair will not be left with you.

Edited by xxoocruiser

thank you so much for the replies! at least I know what to expect! does anyone know how much it is to rent a scooter for a cruise?

Rental costs from both of RCCL's approved vendors varies based on the following:

• Number of cruise days
  • Embarkation and Disembarkation ports
  • weight of the end user
  • weight capacity of the scooter required
  • height of the end user
  • whether or not you want to purchase insurance in the event you damage it or it's stolen.

You're best to just call and get a quote. RCCL's approved vendors: