AMA Sonata October Budapest to Prague....first time river cruise

Stentplacer

We booked a year in advance. These cruises are getting very popular. If you get a chance to check out room I would like to get comment from guest in our cabin. Have a great time....we are 3 weeks away.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'll keep my eyes & ears open for the current occupants of 305!

We booked a year in advance. These cruises are getting very popular. If you get a chance to check out room I would like to get comment from guest in our cabin. Have a great time....we are 3 weeks away.

Not yet met the occupants of 305, but haven't encountered anyone yet that we didn't enjoy talking with! A full ship & at the Welcome Cocktail Party, no one raised their hand as being a previous river cruiser. We are all newbies!. We have a first floor cabin & haven't missed the balcony. Great views on the sun deck. Much better to be able to see both sides of the river. Ship is great & the crew wonderful. Food is good & wine plentiful at lunch & dinner. Breakfast is buffet style & a bit congested this morning. Everyone arrived at the same time...trying to eat & get out in time for our Budapest tour. A great city...

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you guys are having a great time. We are staying in Budapest 4 days prior to boarding. We are really looking forward to our trip. Hope you get to meet folks in 305. Let us know of anything you saw in Budapest that you think is a must do. I got some currency today for Hungary as I read they don't use the Euro.

Best Regards

Thanks for your live report! All newbies! Wow, that's amazing, AMA really is converting a new market ;)

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

We leave next week on AMA Prima Black Sea, I can hardly wait:D We also purchased our cruise (BB) about 15-18 months before sailing, it's been a long wait, but we are leaving very soon!

Edited by Familygoboston

Enjoy your mid December trip. Sounds great. We will also give you some heads up on a Chefs Table and anything else we learn before you get on Sonata. Can't wait to get next update from our friends who are on board now :-)

20 days away and we are very excited to see the new boat.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you guys are having a great time. We are staying in Budapest 4 days prior to boarding. We are really looking forward to our trip. Hope you get to meet folks in 305. Let us know of anything you saw in Budapest that you think is a must do. I got some currency today for Hungary as I read they don't use the Euro.

Best Regards

We had no extra days, so only did some walking & also ship arranged day tour. Great city, lots of restaurants & coffee shops. Definitely, experience some of the food. I wish we had time to do a Parliament tour, so I would suggest you fit that in. Opera House also looked like something that would be interesting. The Great Market is part of the ship arranged tour, as is an Illuminations cruise. It looks like we picked a rainy week, but not letting this slow us down! Grab a ship provided umbrella & keep going! Also, we got a bit a Hungarian currency, but most places accepted Euros, so really no need.

We made our final payment today so really looking forward to our mid-December cruise on the AMASonata. Can't wait!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

LOL!! We made final payment yesterday also Mike. Now, waiting game really begins!

I have met the 305 occupants. Great couple & they do really like the cabin. They like the balcony, but haven't been able to use much due to the rain this week. Location is good, pretty close to the stairway, therefore quick & easy access to the dining room & public areas. I do know that everyone we talk with, loves the ship & is having a wonderful cruise! We are just leaving Vienna tonight.

Did you guys go to the Opera Excursion. If so, how was it? Sounds like you are having a great time enjoying the ship and sights.thanks for all the info.

No, busy day & decided to pass on opera & have a relaxing evening on the ship. Those who went said it was good...didn't hear that it was great. Floor seating, so some had difficulty seeing.