Baby Question on Carnival Miracle

kapeavey

One of the families in our group is bringing their infant. They have an inside stateroom. Does anyone know if their room will have a refrigerator. Will they assist them with a microwave for heating bottles and baby food? Will the dining room have baby food?

Thanks in advance for your help.

One of the families in our group is bringing their infant. They have an inside stateroom. Does anyone know if their room will have a refrigerator. Will they assist them with a microwave for heating bottles and baby food? Will the dining room have baby food?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,

We are going on Miracle at the beginning of next month with our 9 month old daughter. We are bringing powdered formula and a bottle warmer the bottles and her baby food. We are bringing bottle water on board with us, we will buy in Florida when we get there.

If you don't have a bottle warmer, I would warm up the bottles in the sink with hot water or bring a thermos and go to the buffet section and get hot water from where they serve tea and coffee.

The dining room doesn't not have baby food but they can puree food from what I read. I'm not sure how old the little one is but mine is starting to eat soft solid but she also a bit fussy so I'm bringing jars of baby food with me.

We did a cruise on Carnival Spirit last year and we did have a refrigerator in our cabin ( balcony), you have to ask your steward to remove everything from it and then you can use it, the only thing it's not that cool.. not like a regular fridge.

From what I have been reading make sure they bring everything they will need for the infant: formula, baby food, diapers, infant tylenol... you can't buy anything like that onboard.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Nancy

There are no microwaves for passenger use on cruise ships. You will have a frig, but you cannot at all rely on them being cold enough to keep things safe enough for an infant. Those ship refrigerators are really bad and unreliable. The waiter will be able to puree some foods for an infant, so all they need to do is speak with their head waiter.

How old is the "infant"? Any and all items needed will have to be brought onto the ship--the ships provide nothing for in particular for infants.

Nursing is probably the best bet--no formula needed at all! Yes, you can get regular food pureed, but if they're not eating "real" food, that can be a problem.

Call the cruiseline and see what is and is not provided.

Archived