Where is the tender port in Lombok?

islandwoman

I will be on the Ocean Princess in April when she tenders in Lombok. I'd like to make arrangements with a dive operation there, but first I have to find out where the ship will be. Does anyone know where the tender port for cruise ships is in Lombok? Or its name?

• 1 month later...
I will be on the Ocean Princess in April when she tenders in Lombok. I'd like to make arrangements with a dive operation there, but first I have to find out where the ship will be. Does anyone know where the tender port for cruise ships is in Lombok? Or its name?

I am trying to find the same information with no success. Did you had any luck?

I have been at that pier many times over the years.

The pier was built in WWII, ansd has had no maintenence since then.

I have never heard it called by any particular name.

Every ship calling at Lombok stops there.

Any dive operator on the island would certainly know all about it.

The best I can figure is that the cruise port on Lombok is in Lembar. The best information I've been able to find shows its location in the southeast of the island, while the dive sites are in the northwest. If anyone knows better, please tell me. I would love to be wrong.

snip... The best information I've been able to find shows its location in the southeast of the island, while the dive sites are in the northwest. snip...

Info on Lembar is a sparse and pix of the port used for tendering even more so. But from what I´ve gleaned the island is quite small.

Our problem re information is getting a Visa. we are UK passport holders and Princess insist we have a proper visitors visa before we go (pricey), Indonesia site says we can get a day visa when we arrive, USA and Aus people say the visas are issued onboard the ship and charged to your onboard account. So much conflicting info

Sandy in Spain

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
Hi there did you manage to arrange a diving trip from Lombok cruise? We are going in June and I was also hoping to going diving, thanks

No, we didn't. We researched the diving on Lombok and learned that the best was around the Gili Islands, too far from the cruise port for the length of time our ship would be there, the condition of the roads and traffic. Instead we arranged a snorkeling tour that we were very happy with. I can give you contact information if you like, although it is now several years old.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Given the cruise lines offer shore excursions to Gili Trawangan then there is plenty of time to check out the Gilis. Lombok is tiny and the Gilis are just a ferry ride across the bay. We did a day trip a few years ago. Stunning fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums