Segway tour with cesar

5soccer9

We just returned from our Panama Canal cruise. We were not sure what tour to do in Columbia. We went back and forth on this. We decided to do the Segway tour with Cesar. Let me tell you, it was the best time of the whole cruise. Cesar arranaged for our pick up at the port, and the taxi was there when they said they would be there. There was 8 of us total. We saw more in the hour and half then most tours saw in 5 hours. The nice part about the segways is that they can go down the narrow streets. If you are worried about learing how to use a segway, it is easy. If I can do it, you can do it. Cesar speaks perfect english and is a great tour guide. He showed us so much in the 90 minute tour.

Everyone in the tour said how much fun it was and it was one of the best tours of the whole cruise. If you are thinking about doing this tour, do not hesitate, it is a blast.

We just returned from our Panama Canal cruise. We were not sure what tour to do in Columbia. We went back and forth on this. We decided to do the Segway tour with Cesar. Let me tell you, it was the best time of the whole cruise. Cesar arranaged for our pick up at the port, and the taxi was there when they said they would be there. There was 8 of us total. We saw more in the hour and half then most tours saw in 5 hours. The nice part about the segways is that they can go down the narrow streets. If you are worried about learing how to use a segway, it is easy. If I can do it, you can do it. Cesar speaks perfect english and is a great tour guide. He showed us so much in the 90 minute tour.

Everyone in the tour said how much fun it was and it was one of the best tours of the whole cruise. If you are thinking about doing this tour, do not hesitate, it is a blast.

Just chatted with Cesar! We are going to book for our November cruise, but I was interested in the culinary experience in addition to the segway tour. Did anyone in your group do that?

Just chatted with Cesar! We are going to book for our November cruise, but I was interested in the culinary experience in addition to the segway tour. Did anyone in your group do that?

No one in our group did that. We had limited time so we all had to get back to the ship. It is a wonderful tour and Cesar is great.

Are you going to use transporation through Cesar?

No one in our group did that. We had limited time so we all had to get back to the ship. It is a wonderful tour and Cesar is great.

Are you going to use transporation through Cesar?

Cesar has been great to deal with. Very quick responses to email questions I had. He even confirmed our tour with their transportation and set us up without putting a deposit down. Said not to worry, we can take care of payment after the tour!

Can't wait till Nov! We love the segways!

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the cruise after you (Coral Princess) and returned on the 26th. We too did Cesar's Segway tour. He was very professional in everyway. We had a incident where someone got dizzy and almost passed out. He had his assistant wait with him until a taxi could take him back to the ship. The rest of us continued on. I was a complete novice and nervous (already replaced one hip). He was very patient, as soon as he "likened" it to skiing with balance and weight, I was fine!!!! It was a GREAT excursion, would do it again in a heartbeat. Couldn't recommend him enough! Of note, he went to Syracuse University. ;) Very nice personality, intelligent, outgoing & friendly young man. He should do very well with his business :D

Cesar has been great to deal with. Very quick responses to email questions I had. He even confirmed our tour with their transportation and set us up without putting a deposit down. Said not to worry, we can take care of payment after the tour!

Can't wait till Nov! We love the segways!

We are going to be on this same cruise but in December.

I had read about Cesar and his Segway tours. All of ya have sold me.

He also confirmed us, set up transportation, and did so without a deposit.

I'm excited!

Any particular reason ya chose November instead of December for this cruise? I noticed the November cruise is booking quicker...or it appears so.

Any particular reason ya chose November instead of December for this cruise? I noticed the November cruise is booking quicker...or it appears so.

We chose November because of my work schedule and also we tend to always either cruise the week before Thanksgiving, or the week after Thanksgiving. :D

We had this cruise booked since Sept 2013....got it much cheaper than the rates are now!

We just booked our cruise about a month ago. It will be the 1st one for DH; my second. I really reall

y want him to enjoy it, so there will be more in the future!

Sent from my BNTV600 using Forums mobile app

He will love it! I have a colleague at work that went on this ship/itinerary...loved it. Enjoy!

• 3 months later...

Fitters

Please could I ask if you have email contact for Cesar for this trip in November. I am not sure if there is a max number for the Segway tour but it sounds fun and we are on the same cruise. I was planning to walk all around the walled old town but this may be better. Do you know the cost and if it is a specific route?

Many thanks

miniyorkie

Fitters

Please could I ask if you have email contact for Cesar for this trip in November. I am not sure if there is a max number for the Segway tour but it sounds fun and we are on the same cruise. I was planning to walk all around the walled old town but this may be better. Do you know the cost and if it is a specific route?

Many thanks

miniyorkie

Sure...I think the max is 8. Email: info@segwaycartagena dot com

He has tours at 8 and 10 am. We r doing the 8 am with pickup at 7:30am. Cost I think is around $70pp off the top of my head..for the 90 minute historic tour.

Check out his website. Www dot segwaycartagena dot com.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this information. Looks like a great tour! Have checked out website and sent inquiry to them about joining a group as I will be a solo traveler. Looking at the culinary experience as well following Segway tour.

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much for the review. We had signed up for the Segway tour several months ago, although we don't go until March, 2015. Your review reafffirms my perception of Cesar and the tour itself. Everyone who has taken it seems to love it. I'm sure we will, too.

Only one question--what was the weather like when you were there? I understand it is unbearably hot most of the time. Did the heat bother you while you were on the Segway tour?:confused:

• 1 month later...
Thanks so much for the review. We had signed up for the Segway tour several months ago, although we don't go until March, 2015. Your review reafffirms my perception of Cesar and the tour itself. Everyone who has taken it seems to love it. I'm sure we will, too.

Only one question--what was the weather like when you were there? I understand it is unbearably hot most of the time. Did the heat bother you while you were on the Segway tour?:confused:

We were there March 2014, it was warm but breezy & not unbearable. I wore a baseball hat under the helmet. It was so much FUN!!!!

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

We toured with Cesar a couple weeks back. LOVED IT! Great way to see the city and have fun on the segways at the same time. Highly recommend even if you have never been on a segway. Very easy to learn!

Very easy to learn, I was concerned as I had a replaced hip. :D

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We booked this for our upcoming cruise in April. I have two questions:

1. How far from the cruise port was the Segway place?

2. Did you feel safe doing this on your own? With all the scary things we keep reading about Colombia, it makes me think if we're doing the right thing?

Thanks

Tybro

• 2 months later...

There isn't too much I can say that hasn't already been said, but I just wanted to reiterate what a fantastic tour this is. We just returned from Cartagena and our time on the Segways was one of the best things we've ever done! We were met at the port and taken to Ceasar's office at the edge of the Old Town. It was a typically hot (brutally hot) day, and I had been concerned about the heat. More on that in a minute. Ceasar greeted us and spent a few minutes getting to know us. We had booked independently, as had 2 others (whom we did not know) on our ship, so 4 of us on this tour.

Ceasar spent a few minutes explaining and showing how the Segway worked, and then had each of us try it, along with help from him, and then on our own. It was extremely easy to learn. A few minutes practice by all of us and we were on our way. We wove in and out of the narrow streets that were filled with pedestrians and cars, and Ceasar kept an eye on us every step of the way. He indicated when to cross streets, how to avoid

the autos, etc. At one point my Segway was a little too close to the edge of the road, and although I had no problem straightening it out, Ceasar was there in a flash to make sure I could do it without any problem.

Ceasar provided a brief history on the various areas of the Old Town and waited while we took photos. As for the weather, riding on the Segways provided a breeze that mitigated the intensity of the heat, and we always stopped and stood in the shade when he was explaining things. However, later in the afternoon when we walked around the Old Town by ourselves, it was too hot to enjoy. Ceasar made arrangements for the taxi to take us back to the port after we had lunch and a few minutes to walk around.

(This was on our own--not part of the Segway tour.)

If you are going to Caragena, don't miss this tour! It's easy and such fun!!

Ceasar is very professional, and very attentive and focused on the safety of his clients during the tour.