Wine in Tampa... Will this be allowed?

rene194215

First I am doing a B2B so I will be bringing 2 bottles with me.

The second this is the person traveling with me is coming direct from the airport and will not have time to stop to get a bottle. I will be in Tampa the day before and will stop and purchase wine there. If I show that bpoarding pass and expalin the situation will I be allowed to being 3 bottles?

I'm assuming the travelling companion is only joining for the second cruise, otherwise the question would be about 4 bottles, not 3. Otherwise, I have nothing to add.

Yes sorry she is joining me on the second half of my B2B and flight is in around 1pm. She is going straight to the port. So as another poster siad to meet her at the port, I will be on board already. And it would be 3 bottles since I have 2 for me and then 1 for her.

Sorry for any confusion!

Edited by rene194215

Yes sorry she is joining me on the second half of my B2B and flight is in around 1pm. She is going straight to the port. So as another poster siad to meet her at the port, I will be on board already. And it would be 3 bottles since I have 2 for me and then 1 for her.

Sorry for any confusion!

Oh, that is too bad. Unfortunately, I still do not think it will be allowed.

I've had mixed results with carrying on two bottles of wine for a back-to-back sailing:

(1) I've shown the 2nd leg documents, and been told to "go right ahead"

(2) I've had the second bottle confiscated (as I expected), labeled, and returned to me on the final night of the 1st leg. I had no problem with that.

One solution for you would be to carry on your one bottle, and then purchase the other two at the duty-free shop at a port stop. The ship will label them with your name/cabin, and return it to you the final evening of the 1st leg . . . which means you'd have to deal with two less bottles during your embarkation. I think that would be a 'win'.

Have a great back-to-back!! :)