budapest hotels

dreamworld

In Nov. 2012, AMA used the Sofitel Chain Bridge in Budapest and the Hilton Old Town in Prague. Both were great locations, walking distance to major sights.

In November 2012, my AMA group was at Intercontinental in Prague and Sofitel in Budapest.

In November 2012, my AMA group was at Intercontinental in Prague and Sofitel in Budapest.

Looks like they alternate the hotels as they indicate in their brochure. You might have to contact AMA to verify which hotel if you do not want to wait until you receive your final tour package.

We look for value and location, and require cleanliness, safety and a good bed.

In November, our group of 9 booked three apartments at Marriott Millenium Executive Apartments in Budapest. Their online advance payment price was excellent and we loved the apartments and the location, 1.5 blocks from the river and smack dab in the pedestrian area.

We were also able to do our laundry in their complimentary self service laundry on each floor.

We would definitely book there again.

In Prague, we stayed at Barcelo Old Town. Loved the location, staff, rooms, size and personal service. Much better than a previous stay at Hilton Prague.

We stayed in Le Meridien when we were in Budapest but I also have to add the caveat that our accommodation was a "freebie" given to us by Tauck. We've never stayed in a 5 star hotel before and we were knocked over by the room, service and great attitude of the staff.

Thanks for all the great answere. I am leaning on the Intercontinental in both cities. They both seem like a good choice.

Frances:)

We stayed at the Intercontinental in Budapest, right by the Danube. AMA wasn't staying there, but Avalon was that time. It was a very nice choice.

I stayed at the Hilton, which had a wonderful view of the "old" city. On the same trip, my daughter stayed at the Marriott (on the other side of the river) and liked it, too. It was near many of they key places to see. We both used points, which is why we didn't say at the same place :o

We just returned from the Sofitel Chain Bridge Budapest which we booked specifically to hook up with the AMA Amaverde. We booked a river room, well worth it,great breakfast and very happy with the hotel.

We had a short taxi trip with luggage to ship as it was very cold and though walkable, not with all our luggage.

We cruised the AmaLyra in July 2011 and stayer in the Sofitel in Budapest that was fabulous. Nice room with a view of the Chain Bridge and a delicious breakfast. In Prague, we were put up at the Hilton that was horrible. It was dirty and poorly maintained. We moved to a boutique hotel, The Santini, next to the Italian embassy. This place was gorgeous. When I returned, I called Ama to tell them how we loved our cruise and how horrible the Hilton was. I see they discontinued using it.

Archived