Miami Beach restaurants

irishayes

Daughter and i are staying pre-cruise at the Miami Beach Intercontinental. Can we please have some recommendations of restaurants for both Sunday evening and breakfast on Monday morning, within walking distance of our hotel?

Daughter is a vegetarian, but I will eat pretty much anything. We do both enjoy great cocktails and a good wine list for dinner.

Thanks for suggestions!!

hmmmm

just to help your search

The only Interc' I'm aware of is in Miami and not Miami Beach

These are two sep' cities

And this DOES make a difference . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

The IC you are staying at is not in Miami beach, but in downtown Miami. They are different thing. But if you want to experience south beach and eat dinner there it's just a taxi ride away. I say go for it. Your hotel is really in a great location for pre cruise, especially the day of.

OK, that changes my question a bit.

Please recommend a good restaurant on Miami Beach (is that also South Beach?) for dinner Sunday night, and then a restaurant within walking distance of our hotel in Miami for breakfast on Monday morning.

Thank you!

in the city of Miami Beach, the southern section, is referred to as South Beach. Kinda like being in the Chinatown part of NYC. South Beach, right along the water and Collins Ave is the 'club part' of the city . . . the restored Art Deco area

"South Beach, also nicknamed SoBe, is a neighborhood in the city of Miami Beach, Florida, United States, located due east of Miami city proper between Biscayne Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. The area encompasses all of the barrier islands of Miami Beach south of Indian Creek." is the wiki version . . .

A note: Yes you can take a taxi from the IC to SoBe ... on a Fri/Sat/Sunday evening you can find yourself sitting for a long time in bumper to bumper traffic on the MacArthur Causeway trying to get there . . .

dd lives in the area . . . and if going to SoBe we try to avoid the MacA cswy and come in from another direction.

here's a place in Miami that's new and has a rapidy growing rep'

seen on 'Best New Restaurant'

http://www.thefederalmiami.com/

it is 3.5 miles from the hotel and you do not need to cross a causeway. SoBe is 4.5 miles via the MacA' cswy.

My bad. I've never been, so in looking at the map it liked like the hotel was near the beach, so I just assumed.

BTW, though the Intercontinental is a very nice hotel, there is no beach anywhere near it. People who've never been to Miami are usually thinking of what is actually Miami Beach, a completely separate city, because that's what they show you on television as "Miami."

Edited by Langoustine

OR

to go to Miami and not enjoy Cuban food is criminal ... Federal is close but high end

ask the desk folks where the nearest GOOD Cuban is .... it is probably where they order their lunch from!

If you want to go higher for dinner, I understand .... but I bet this works GREAT for breakfast. Find the little local the downtown workers like.

Have a Cuban coffee and some Cuban toast . . .

Good Cuban CAN be found IN the airport ... La Carreta ... Concourse “D-37”

leave ship as late as you can then eat a good Cuban lunch.

Edited by Capt_BJ