excursion to Disney

megann831

We're going on the Breakaway in November. We've done a Disney excursion in the past and we'd like to do it again. We did seem to spend a little too much time sitting on the bus waiting though. I was thinking of buying Disney tickets on our own and taking a car service. Has anyone ever done that? How does the price compare to doing an excursion? We're docked from 12-9, not sure how late the car service runs

We're going on the Breakaway in November. We've done a Disney excursion in the past and we'd like to do it again. We did seem to spend a little too much time sitting on the bus waiting though. I was thinking of buying Disney tickets on our own and taking a car service. Has anyone ever done that? How does the price compare to doing an excursion? We're docked from 12-9, not sure how late the car service runs

Rent a car, easy drive

Well, since you've done this before, I don't have to remind you that your timing needs to be near perfect. Any wrong turn or accident on the Beachline (SR 528) or I-4 could cause major problems.

Yes, I am sure you will save some money, but know the risks. You could rent a car but additional time will be involved in picking the car up and then transferring from the car rental company shuttle to the ship. More time is needed to refill the gas tank. Parking at any of the WDW parks is now $17. One day Magic Kingdom tickets are $99 and the other parks are $94.

I never feel it is worth it in this situation, but I HAVE been to each park MANY times (often for free)

You have 9 hours ...

Optimistic is to believe you can go from the boat to IN A PARK in under 90 minutes. I don't care which way you go altho some take longer than others (bus, rent car, hire limo) and it DOES depend on the park ... but the drive is over an hour, and you still have to get from the ticket place to inside the park which for MK is a ride especially if they are busy ... so subtract 3 hours.

6 hours in the park, altho you PAY for open to close. In MK on a busy day you see 3 maybe 4 rides.

I'm HAPPY to spend 6 hours and see just a couple of things ... I usually visit under an annual pass, or with a friend who works there and gets me in free. Pay full price and do this? No thank you.

p.s. there are a couple of other threads on the EXACT question kicking around RIGHT NOW

I wish the mods would be more attentive to combining them ....

Edited by Capt_BJ