Hyatt to Port transfers for 19

drise

I booked 5 rooms at Hyatt for 8/1 before our cruise on Indy. Thanks to these boards I went through Valuetrip and got them for $99 each! Other sites were quoting $131 to $145 and non refundable. But now I want to figure out a better way to transport 19 people to the port Sunday morning. It seems like the hotel shuttle service at $7/person is high and I don't know if we'd all get on the same one. Would we be able to get enough taxi vans on our own or is there a shuttle bus service I can rent?

Edited by drise
To change title

I booked 5 rooms at Hyatt for 8/1 before our cruise on Indy. Thanks to these boards I went through Valuetrip and got them for $99 each! Other sites were quoting $131 to $145 and non refundable. But now I want to figure out a better way to transport 19 people to the port Sunday morning. It seems like the hotel shuttle service at $7/person is high and I don't know if we'd all get on the same one. Would we be able to get enough taxi vans on our own or is there a shuttle bus service I can rent?

Okay, you are so close to the port that to try an arrange a shuttle bus would be an expensive PIA.

I would just have everyone meet downstairs and start taking cabs. You can fit four to a cab with luggage for around $10 a cab.

If you try and arrange transportation for everyone, you are going to be at the mercy of the last, late person who is going to piss off your early birds.

Okay, you are so close to the port that to try an arrange a shuttle bus would be an expensive PIA.

I would just have everyone meet downstairs and start taking cabs. You can fit four to a cab with luggage for around $10 a cab.

If you try and arrange transportation for everyone, you are going to be at the mercy of the last, late person who is going to piss off your early birds.

Yes, I tend to agree with you. We'll just meet up at the terminal. Do you have to show your passport at the gates to the port when taking a taxi in? Does everyone in the party need to?