Best tour to see...

manders175

Hello everyone,

Will be in St. Lucia late September, and I was wondering if there was a tour that would show us the Pitons and also take us to the point where the Ocean and the Caribbean meet? Those are the two biggest things I would like to see while I'm there.

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

Will be in St. Lucia late September, and I was wondering if there was a tour that would show us the Pitons and also take us to the point where the Ocean and the Caribbean meet? Those are the two biggest things I would like to see while I'm there.

Thanks!

Nope, none of the organized tours do such a tour, mainly because of time constraints when you add in the activites on the organized tours.

You could do so with a private tour or private taxi hire, but it will cost you! Figure minimum $200us for the taxi.

Essentially, you'll need to drive down to Soufriere (1 hour with no stops) to see the Pitons, then after a few quick scenic store on the way into the village and way out, continue on your way to Vieux Fort (another 45-50 minutes) to Moule a Chique, where Caribbean and Atlantic meet. You can go all the way up to the lighthouse foe the views from the hillside.

From there, take the East Coast road back up to port, about 1.15-1.5 hours.

So you're looking at about 3.5-4 hours just in car ride. Add in any scenic stops along the way and it adds up quickly...especially with tight time constraints. There are some places to eat on Sandy Beach after seeing where the two Seas meet, recommend the Reef for great local delights. Faces the Atlantic excellent kite surfing and usually someone is out enjoying it every day.

Be quick getting off the ship and be ready to negotiate a taxi, but the $200 us pretty much the price. And don't longer anywhere too long - you have to get moving to get around the island. Doing this leaves no time for any of the other sights such as volcano, beach time, waterfalls, etc.

You can see where the Atlantic and Caribbean meet up north also, about 40 minutes north of the port in Cap Estate, however going that direction leaves no time to see the Pitons to the south...

Enjoy your tour visit.

We took the tour offered by Cosol . It was very good . You don't get to see the Carrib . Atlantic divide but pretty much every other sight on the island . We liked it so much we plan on doing it again with our adult daughter and family . Volcano , pitons ,banana plantation . Breakfast on the mountain side . Drinks and many snacks also included . Best excursion we've been on anywhere .