Dasheene Restaurant at Ladera Resort

Host Jazzbeau

I am putting together a private land/sea tour for a Roll Call group in March. I have asked the operator to schedule lunch at Dasheene Restaurant at Ladera Resort, as I heard that this place has a marvelous view of the Pitons. Is the food good? Is it very pricey? Would we do better with one of the other restaurants that have been mentioned in reviews on this forum? [i'm starting to confuse myself with all the research! Thanks for your help.]

I am putting together a private land/sea tour for a Roll Call group in March. I have asked the operator to schedule lunch at Dasheene Restaurant at Ladera Resort, as I heard that this place has a marvelous view of the Pitons. Is the food good? Is it very pricey? Would we do better with one of the other restaurants that have been mentioned in reviews on this forum? [i'm starting to confuse myself with all the research! Thanks for your help.]

Dasheene does have wonderful views. That's what keeps it's ratings high. The food is more on par with typical hotel food - good, but not great. It is not a first choice for a romantic dinner out around here. Hotel Chocolat's Boucan is much more delicious and unique in flavors and atmosphere. Across the street from Dasheene, so not the same dramatic views, but still lovely. Pricey though (both of them are, they are 4-star hotel restaurants, with prices to match)

For some much better local fare with spectacular views, consider La Haut or The Beacon on the hill above Soufriere. La Haut is excellent, beautiful setting and excellent local food deliciously prepared, and some wicked rum punch. And Much less expensive. The Beacon is a restaurant just above La Haut, again with great more local eats and drinks, and both places have spectacular views of the Pitons, ocean and Soufriere town.

Right in Soufriere town, consider Hummingbird Beach Resort. Excellent food again, and beachfront for those who may want to take a swim.

Keep in mind, Soufriere is more than one hour by land from Castries, where the ship docks. Leave yourself plenty of time to both get there and back -especially getting back, as there is only one road.....

Enjoy your visit.