Hotel Recommendation at Port Everglade

From reading this site and researching, my fiance and I are booked for our Honeymoon on Freedom for the July 26th 8 day S.Caribbean cruise. I guess we lucked out but I also got us room 8450. This will be our first balcony and first Aft, so far I'm following all the great recommendations on here. With that said to my question...

Hotels near the port.... We are on a very tight budget for this cruise. We are flying in on Saturday for departure but the following Sunday flights out are ridiculously priced. We are thinking of flying Monday to save the difference (even with a hotel, its cheaper). What recommendations do you all have for a nice budget friendly place that offers pick up from the Cruise Port as well as Airport delivery. Complimentary transportation would be great, but I don't mind minimal fees. Not looking for the Ritz or the 4 Season.... generally we stay in the Comfort/Holiday Inn type places with the occasional Budget Inn/Econo. Just need a room for the night, nothing flashy, I am pretty sure we will be celebrated out after 8 days on the ship.

Also, recommendations on a beach or restaurants to check out near by would be good too. As we are both gluten free, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if this would fit your budget, but I see on lastminutetravel.com they are offering the Doubletree Gallery One for $90. If you call, they can usually drop the rate five or so dollars for you. It is the hotel with the room description of "one bedroom suite". Check it out. great location on the waterway, as well as an easy walk to the beach, lots of restaurants etc.

Lastminutetravel has a "club" you can join for free. Then you can get onto LMTclub.com for even better deals.

Just noticed that on hotels.com there is a sale on rooms at Hyatt Pier 66 for $86. (non refundable)

You won't have any trouble finding deals for Sep 3. For that reason I'd look at things downtown and in the beach area rather than airport. Might as well have a nice area to end your honeymoon stay. ;) You will find no hotels near the port that offer free transp. Cabs are under $20. Only airport hotels offer free shuttles to and from the airport.

Edited by eandj

Bahia Mar is running $89 for the night. Right across the street from the beach. Restaurants and nightlife within walking distance.

If looking for a free shuttle, the best hotel is probably the Hyatt Place on 17th street. Lots of eating spots but the beach is 2 miles away.

Edited by kdawg954

Holiday Inn Express

Entended Stay

Hyatt Place

Comfort Suites

Are all on or just around the corner from SE 17th St in Fort Lauderdale. I don't know if any of them will pick you up but taxi will be just $10-15.

The beach is a short ride away by bus 40 or Suntrolley.

Edited by royalcruz