Dubai beach

bee-ess

Would like to spend some time on the beach while we are in Dubai next month - which public beach is recommended. We would like one with chairs/loungers if possible.

Thanks

Jumeirah Public Beach is the most accessible but it doesn't have chairs and loungers - I can't think of any of the public beaches that do, if you need to have chairs and loungers you may have to get a day pass to one of the beachfront hotels..

This is Jumeirah public beach which is beside the Jumeirah Beach Hotel and the Burj Al Arab...

379124_10150369901746374_264135123_n.jpg

383275_10150369903121374_244761310_n.jpg

301326_10150369902161374_1286191598_n.jpg

We went to Jumeirah Public Beach earlier this year. Very nice. I did notice signs indicating no cameras allowed although I did see a cheeky chap take a few photos. I also noticed that Mondays were for ladies only. There was a small entrance charge but as it was paid by our hotel I did not take too much notice other than that it was quite small.

We went to Jumeirah Public Beach earlier this year. Very nice. I did notice signs indicating no cameras allowed although I did see a cheeky chap take a few photos. I also noticed that Mondays were for ladies only. There was a small entrance charge but as it was paid by our hotel I did not take too much notice other than that it was quite small.

Was that Jumeirah public beach or Jumeirah Beach Park?. I know there is a small charge for the beach park (as there is at Mamzar) but I don't believe there is a charge at the public beach - or designated ladies days as there are at the parks.

Anne

There's a nominal entrance fee for all public parks. Jumeira Beach Park entrance is also around 5 dhs = 1 euro.

Free entrance is only possible in Jumeirah Public Beach (or Russian beach, as they call it) . This beach is near Dubai Marine Resort / Jumeirah Mosque.

Or there's one more free beach in JBR area, which is very far from the cruise terminal.

The public beaches in Dubai are OK, but for "Western" tastes they may be a bit restrictive. There may be alot of families with countless kids runing amok. Be mindfull of the lcal culture. Any kissing, cuddling and so on can land you in jail. Also be careful using your camera in an too obvious way.

Whilst the beach (everywhere in Dubai) looks nice from the land side, after 3 meters in the water you will sink into mud. This is because most of the beaches are actually man-made and not natural.

Perhaps you would be better of to splurge a bit and buy a day-pass to a beach club or beach hotel. All these will provide deck chairs, shade, towels, clean bathroom facilites, food and beverage and swimming pools.

Best to check on line for Dubai beach hotels, pick a favourite and then email or call them directly. (best thing to call the hotel and ask for the concierge desk. These people will be able to answer your questions and/or recommend places if the hotel you call does not allow day-guests)

Thanks Guys for all your useful replies.

I'm thinking it is either Jumeirah Public Beach or Jumeirah Beach Park - can anyone who has been to both give me an opinion of which is best. The advantage of Jumeirah Beach Park is that we can get sunbeds (??). For one day of the week this is open for Ladies/Children only, does anyone know which day.

Thanks Guys for all your useful replies.

I'm thinking it is either Jumeirah Public Beach or Jumeirah Beach Park - can anyone who has been to both give me an opinion of which is best. The advantage of Jumeirah Beach Park is that we can get sunbeds (??). For one day of the week this is open for Ladies/Children only, does anyone know which day.

"Ladies only" day used to be on Mondays.

Was that Jumeirah public beach or Jumeirah Beach Park?. I know there is a small charge for the beach park (as there is at Mamzar) but I don't believe there is a charge at the public beach - or designated ladies days as there are at the parks.

Anne

The beach we were on was on the stretch of beach near the sail shaped hotel. It was a Friday, their holy day, so there were many families but they were not all on the beach. Many were in the shaded areas or grassed areas complete with all their picnics. The beach was not busy.

Archived