Parking in NOLA

whalelover4

Hey everyone!

My parents were recently on the Norwegian Dawn that left from NOLA and they wanted me to post something to make everyone aware of the parking situation there and lack of security. Their friends that they were travelling with had their truck broken in to while they were gone. The handle was completely broken off the door and they had a few things stolen that were hidden throughout the truck. Also, while they were waiting for the police to file a report they learned that there were at least 5 other cars broken in to while they were there. They later learned that this had been an issue in the past but did not know before they left last week. Just wanted to let everyone know so they were aware and to not leave anything valuable in your cars!

Hey everyone!

My parents were recently on the Norwegian Dawn that left from NOLA and they wanted me to post something to make everyone aware of the parking situation there and lack of security. Their friends that they were travelling with had their truck broken in to while they were gone. The handle was completely broken off the door and they had a few things stolen that were hidden throughout the truck. Also, while they were waiting for the police to file a report they learned that there were at least 5 other cars broken in to while they were there. They later learned that this had been an issue in the past but did not know before they left last week. Just wanted to let everyone know so they were aware and to not leave anything valuable in your cars!

Sorry to hear about the car break-ins. You have to be very careful in N.O even walking around. I prefer to park at machu picchu tours. They will store you car in a sheltered secured warehouse a few blocks away. The owner, Angel, drops you off and picks you up after the cruise. NCL uses the whale lot, which is a open parking lot where anyone can walk into. That does make me feel secure as there are crazy people who want to break into cars.

We are on the Dawn next week and will spend the day before at the French Quarter Festival. It makes me nervous going into the FQ but I am going to wear a money belt and won't leave valuables in the car.

In the past, I had heard of people breaking into cars by capturing the remote codes that your key fob transmits. These thieves are ingenious and will try anything to get your stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to hear about the car break-ins. You have to be very careful in N.O even walking around. I prefer to park at machu picchu tours. They will store you car in a sheltered secured warehouse a few blocks away. The owner, Angel, drops you off and picks you up after the cruise. NCL uses the whale lot, which is a open parking lot where anyone can walk into. That does make me feel secure as there are crazy people who want to break into cars.

We are on the Dawn next week and will spend the day before at the French Quarter Festival. It makes me nervous going into the FQ but I am going to wear a money belt and won't leave valuables in the car.

In the past, I had heard of people breaking into cars by capturing the remote codes that your key fob transmits. These thieves are ingenious and will try anything to get your stuff.

I was wondering about this, thanks so much! :)

Hey everyone!

Where specifically were they parked?

Cruise terminal garage or lot? or offsite garage or lot?

• 4 weeks later...
Where specifically were they parked?

Cruise terminal garage or lot? or offsite garage or lot?

This is what I want to know. We are leaving for NOLA this Thursday and it is our first time. Our plans are to park at the cruise terminal, Erato St. Everything I have read it seems to be good parking. But this has me wondering.....

Of course now the OP has not replied, so IDK.

I've parked at Fulton garage a total of 20 days in the past 20 months and I've never had a problem. Counting other hotel stays I've parked at various downtown/french quarter hotel parking garages another 20+ days during that time period and no problems with those either.