NYC in March/2017

moosegirl

I just came back from my first cruise (Western Carribean on the Star), and loved it so much that I have quickly found our next destination. I am A little concerned about rough seas ( I am Canadian and know that spring weather can be unpredictable) and would love to hear from anyone who has sailed out of New York around that time. The cruise will be 10 days and I would like to know how much "cold weather" clothes to bring. Also I have a height phobia but put on my big girl panties and booked a balcony this time. We will be on the 9th deck of the Gem...any other acrophobia out there? ( does the Gem have the high plexiglass walls on the upper pool decks like the Star...this really helped !)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have sailed on NCL ships out of NYC the last 3 years in March, and last 2 years in early November and late December - of those 7 cruises the warmest sail away weather were the ones in December - so it's all very unpredictable. :)

The first March trip we had some rough seas - on our last March trip we had sail away snow flurries but the seas were pretty average as compared to the others. So again it's kind of hit or miss year round - or at least that has been my experience.

Pretty much all of our 7 cruises we had cooler weather until about midday day 2 and the last sea day was chilly as well. We usually make sure to have pants and a sweatshirts for the days getting on and off in NYC and then also for the first and last sea days.

We have sailed out of NY in early April and it was medium-jacket cold coming and going back into port. But you can't miss the sights of sailing out of NY harbor. By Day 2 we were in swinware enjoying the sun on deck and by the time we got to Bermuda, it was really warm shorts and t-shirt weather.