Food on Tauck?

allyg

My husband and I are considering Tauck's 2016 Rhine and Moselle cruise. Our only river cruise was on AMA and the food was excellent but AMA does not include the Moselle which we would like to do. Any comments on Tauck's food would be greatly appreciated.

Food on ms Inspire this July was excellent. Chef very visible, and took a group shopping in Karlsruhe. Choice of 3 cold appetisers/salads, 3 hot appetisers including a soup, and 3 main courses - usually one fish and one vegetarian + salmon, chicken and steak which were always on. A good mixture of local swiss/german/dutch offerings in the choices. I don't usually eat dessert so can't comment - but they looked lovely, and quite refined. Good cheese selection. Wines were good.

Food and service on MS Savor was top drawer.

We were on Savor in August... and this is the first cruise where I gained five pounds (usually gain a pound or so and work it right off after returning home).

There was nothing I didn't like. I tended to skip dessert at lunch. But was tempted too often by the soft baked cookies that were always within reach on the ship. Because everything is included on Tauck, we were often given ice cream and chocolate treats during shore excursions. Considering it's a river ship and much, much, much smaller than an ocean cruise, they had an incredible amount of food to choose from at each meal.

It was HOT, and admittedly I drank more soft drinks than normal.

Food and service on MS Savor was top drawer.

We were on Savor in August... and this is the first cruise where I gained five pounds (usually gain a pound or so and work it right off after returning home).

Oh no, this is bad news for next September! I'm going to have to work hard to keep off the pounds. I'm hoping that trekking around up and down cobblestones every day will do it.