Nevis for a day?

Mango Mike

St. Kitts - been there, done that (a few times), but we've never been to Nevis.

Trying to read up on this little island but not getting a lot of "useful to me" info.

Our next cruise takes us back to St. Kitts (again) but just for a short time (7:00 - 3:00) and we're trying to figure out what to do this time. Yeah, we could stay on the ship but we're looking to do at least something.

Don't get me wrong, we love St. Kitts and the people are great but want to try something different so we thought, hey - Nevis.

Asking those of you experts out there:

Given the hours/time we're in port - is it worth doing?

I suppose ferry to Charleston - once there, is there shopping for my wife?

Are there any nice restaurants in Charleston where we could satisfy our gastronomic requirements?

Things to consider about going to Nevis as a cruise ship passenger from St Kitts.

1. Passenger ferry trip from Basseterre to Charlestown- 45 min each way

2. The earliest ferry to Nevis is about 8 am from the passenger terminal in Basseterre.

3. The latest return trip would be the 1 pm ferry back to St Kitts to catch your ship.

4. Not a lot of shopping in Charlestown, Nevis

5. Several restaurants near Charlestown or a short taxi trip from the ferry dock.

I agree with Paul, you need more time in port to do Nevis for the day. While it's a beautiful country to see- no real shopping for the wife though, you being in port for a short time will not be worthwhile.

Were doing a back to back with 2 stops in St kitts, the first week we are doing a beach day, the second we are doing a food/ city tour.

Well, dag nabit - looks like the missus gets to max out the credit card at the Batik clothing store again. (Wonder if we can do that plus hit Reggae Beach Bar in that time frame?)

Does anyone know what time the Carib Batik at Romney Manor place opens?