AmaDagio

CaroleLee

For all those who have been on this vessel or similar. Anyone have a laundry price list ?

We usually bring 2 bottles of wine to enjoy in our cabin on "regular"cruises. Is this permitted on a river cruise? Anyone have a bar menu/price list?

Thx

Carole

We finished our cruise on the AMADAGIO on the 18th November. We actually sailed under the APT Banner. I know this won't be a big help but we found the laundry prices quite reasonable. We washed our smalls etc and hung them in the shower. We found they dried quite well so it was only a couple of pairs of jeans we sent to the laundry. Very reasonable price.

Now because we were on AMA ship but organised by APT. All our on board drinks were part of our package so not sure of prices at the bar. There were some really good wines served at dinner each evening along with beers etc. you can book to go to the specialty restaurant Erlebnis. Onto the wines which was served to us there was Beaujolais villages Georges Duboeuf

(Red) Another one Laudun Chusclan Vignerons, Les Argentieres (white). Both more than acceptable. Now when we disembarked our final account was a mere €9.00. And I must say we had an absolutely awesome time plenty of drinks at any time of day. Loved AMADagio. Staff and entertainment were excellent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

For all those who have been on this vessel or similar. Anyone have a laundry price list ?

We usually bring 2 bottles of wine to enjoy in our cabin on "regular"cruises. Is this permitted on a river cruise? Anyone have a bar menu/price list?

Thx

Carole

Hi Carole,

No problem at all bringing on wine to enjoy in your cabin. We are wine lovers and purchased some spectacular French wines ashore to enjoy in our cabin.

I do not have a laundry list but we always have a few pieces done aboard to help limit packing and it was quite reasonable. I believe jeans were 2.50E to have laundered.

Hi Carole,

No problem at all bringing on wine to enjoy in your cabin. We are wine lovers and purchased some spectacular French wines ashore to enjoy in our cabin.

I do not have a laundry list but we always have a few pieces done aboard to help limit packing and it was quite reasonable. I believe jeans were 2.50E to have laundered.

Great minds think alike. Plan on purchasing some wonderful Spanish & French wines-some to drink and some to ship home

Carole

They also have no problem if you want to bring your wine in to dinner -- since they're pouring wine freely, they are actually happy to have you pay for your own wine!

The only issue would be bringing your own wine into the lounge. After dinner many people bring their freshly topped-up glass from dinner, so if you nipped back to your cabin no one would notice. Before dinner, it might be more obvious.

There was always so much to drink with the meals that we quickly gave up the thought of having even more to drink in our cabin. I did purchase a few beers and soft drinks to consume on deck during those gorgeous days through the Wachau Valley. That would be a great time for you to enjoy the wine you are allowed to bring aboard rather than to pay the rather stiff bar tabs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was always so much to drink with the meals that we quickly gave up the thought of having even more to drink in our cabin. I did purchase a few beers and soft drinks to consume on deck during those gorgeous days through the Wachau Valley. That would be a great time for you to enjoy the wine you are allowed to bring aboard rather than to pay the rather stiff bar tabs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We like a glass of wine while getting ready for dinner.

And we also really like to drink what we enjoy especially when in regions that offer great wines.

In the bar, we order by the bottle as the options are better. The bartender keeps it for us til next visit. AMA's house cab is French, more than decent, and only 16E per bottle. That being said, we usually opt for the Cote du Rhone. They have a few good choices on the menu.

Carole, we were disappointed when some of the wineries we really enjoyed would not ship.

Edited by caviargal

• 3 weeks later...
We like a glass of wine while getting ready for dinner.

And we also really like to drink what we enjoy especially when in regions that offer great wines.

In the bar, we order by the bottle as the options are better. The bartender keeps it for us til next visit. AMA's house cab is French, more than decent, and only 16E per bottle. That being said, we usually opt for the Cote du Rhone. They have a few good choices on the menu.

Carole, we were disappointed when some of the wineries we really enjoyed would not ship.

Thank you to everyone who responded to my questions. Just booked Barcelona- Paris Rhone Wine theme cruise for 2016.Suggestions,ideas welcome

Carole

Thank you to everyone who responded to my questions. Just booked Barcelona- Paris Rhone Wine theme cruise for 2016.Suggestions,ideas welcome

Carole

That's great! I think the wine-theme cruises are probably even better than the regular ones.